Best lowering setup

Tryptykon

• Member For: 4y 11m 18d

Hey lads, I've got a 2010 FG XR50 turbo ute, and I've been looking into lowering it front and rear to make it sit better.
I want to hear other people's experience and what they've used, not TOO fussed on brand, but I want to get the rear leaf springs reset right so the front and rear sit level.
There's a heap of options, and couldn't find TOO much info so I thought I'd make my own topic.

(Also was wondering what problems anyone has encountered, if any at all, and if it upset the diff/tailshaft/pinion angle?)

Cheers

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Keep the rear a touch higher than the front it you can.
Leaves it able to ute still and allows a touch more clearance for a 4" exhaust.

Best bet is shockworx front coil overs and their rear damper with a set of lowered rear leafs.
To compliment that for some handling I'd fit a superpro rear sway bar. If it tramps fit some caltracs or mal wood tramp rods (mals kit won't allow the sway bar to fit).

Or be a fool and put a 4 link in the back. Some fool here did that, turns out the above would be better and more affordable by a long shot.

Too add to that. Piss off the rear saddle bushes. Either replace them with steel replicas of the Bush or remove them completely.

They go soft in a week and make the rear end seem loose.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Old one has kings sl coils front, rears are kings sl leaves with an anti tramp half leaf on top which seems to work well

Koni red shocks all round

Super pro bushes which are good except for the leaf saddle bushes which as dan said go soft and you have to keep tightening the arse end...  would be pissing them off and knocking up some steel/ally replacements if I wasn't selling it, may still do it yet.

'New' one also has sl coils up front, but standard leaves with 50mm lowering blocks and still has the standard shocks all round.

It looks great and is definitely more comfy...handles just like you'd expect a bag of sh*t on a water bed would lol

Sorting that out is on the cards at some point but not for a while yet.