Typhoon parts into xr6t?

xr6tjt

• Member For: 5y 10d

Hi guys new member here first post, I did check out the search bar although I couldn’t find what I was looking for so please excuse if this has already been asked, I have just brought myself a m2 ba 6 speed manual  xr6T in stock clean condition and 160 on the clock, question is, my mate has a modded bf typhoon and has all standard parts I can get my hands on, the typhoon air box, injectors, full exhaust inc cat, and intercooler.

is there any benefit of fitting these parts too my xrT and would it tune to the 260/270 rwkw mark? 

The intention was too leave it stock for a while as currently the budget doesn’t extend for mods, and was just seeing if the phoon parts where worthy of being fitted, thanks regards Joel 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

you can tune it to around that mark with stock bits, but the injectors do help as they're bigger and give you more overhead.

intercooler is worth it, but is only marginally better than your stock one, so if you want a quality intercooler (and piping kit) then aftermarket is definitely a better way to go.

exhaust is not worth it as it's the same.

air box is the same except it has an opening at the front; you can cut your own hole in the front to get the same effect.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 5d

as above, you can get those numbers without too much hassle and going to typhoon parts is probably more pain that its worth. IMO id be getting on gumtree and getting some good quality performance parts that are always popping up second hand rather than going down the path you are thinking.