03 xr6t is missing intake vacume actuator??

• Member For: 5y 12d

Hey how are yas,

This is my first post on this fourm been reading heaps really helpful site,

Ive noticed sonething on my new car (03 xr6t 5 speed manual)

Its missing the intake manifold charge control (imcc) solenoid and vacuum actuator. There is a plug for the imcc solenoid hanging out near the ecu in the xr6t engine bay so looks like its been takin off.

Not sure if imcc system is supposed to be on the xr6t but the plug for the solenoid is there.

I should mention that the car was running a $25 cheapo pod filter from super cheap with out any oil. These knock off k&n pod filters are the worst!

They had removed the stock air box and ranthis sh*tty pod, long story short was letting in way to much air and dirt, (running like crap) so ive cleaned intercooler, piping, throttle body and have replaced the pod with a stock air box.

Seems to be running so much better since running the stock airbox, this is after about 5th time driving it, didnt like it at first, (adjusting new air/fuel ratio)

But that's when ive noticed its missing the imcc solenoid and vacuum actuator.

So im just wondering should I be putting a new imcc solenoid and vacuum actuator on the car? 

Ps.

if I could figure out how to upload some pictures it would be alot easyer to explain

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

No, that part is not used in the Turbo variants as it's only for the N/A vehicles.

Instructions to post pics are here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/