New XR6 Turbo Owner in CHCH NZ

DAVECHCH

• Member For: 5y 1m 25d

Hi, All, Dave here from CHCH NZ , I recently got hold of a XR6 Turbo 2011 Lux Pack

First ever turbo, have previously owned a few V8's but this thing seems to have a truckload of power "Love IT"

Reason I bought this car was I have always wanted to have a go down the 1/4 mile and getting older thought I had better get on to it

It has had a few mods done by previous owner and I have a dynosheet showing about 360rwkw

Previous owner says it is tuned to 16 PSI Boost

Have only owned this car a couple of months and been busy at work so only just now starting to have a look at it closely and see what else I want to do or things I should be doing

Heres a list of the mods done by previous owner , I don't have a lot of detail unfortunately

4in turbo back x force exhaust
Plasmaman 800hp intercooler and piping
Heavy duty billet oil pump gears and timing chain and tensioner
Heavy duty valve springs
Ported wastegate
Turbo smart wastegate actuator
Upgraded injectors and spark plugs
K&N air filter

After looking through some of the forums I am a little concerned as it has not had a fuel pump upgrade

I was thinking maybe a Walbro 460 intank kit , I would like to get the complete kit just to drop in but the Aus supplier wont ship to NZ so will keep looking

Also maybe a Battery relocation and turbo side intake

And some gauges  wideband, boost , Oil pressure

Hoping to learn all about these cars as my knowledge is pretty limited so any thoughts, advice, comments would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Dave

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

looks like you're onto a bit of a winner :)  I'm surprised that they wouldn't post the fuel system to you...

seems you're having a little trouble with the posting of pics, so if you're having trouble we have some instructions here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/