Ford Upholstery

el-dub801

• Member For: 12y 10d

Morning all,

I have a quick question, does anyone know who or where Ford had their upholstery made for the B series, particularly FPV? Alternatively, does anyone know of any reputable trimmers in Sydney who could replicate OEM finish of FPV fat grip/chunky steering wheel?

Thanks in advance.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

that's a good question... not a lot of people like to do upholstery work on their own cars, so there's not a lot of info around this forum... if it was me, I'd be ringing around to any trimmer/upholsterer to see if they'd do it, because if they know about the request in this case, I'd assume they'd know how to actually get the job done, too, as it's probably a fairly unique request.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 3d
2 hours ago, el-dub801 said:

Morning all,

I have a quick question, does anyone know who or where Ford had their upholstery made for the B series, particularly FPV? Alternatively, does anyone know of any reputable trimmers in Sydney who could replicate OEM finish of FPV fat grip/chunky steering wheel?

Thanks in advance.

Any good upholstery guy will be able to do what you want and there are a lot of good upholstery people in Sydney 

• Member For: 12y 10d

Thanks for the replies gents!

I’ve had countless trim repairs done over the years but none really stood out as great quality work unfortunately. I’d have a crack at it myself, because most of the intricate stuff is hand sewn, but that damn chunky grip has some serious contours to it and could be a bit tricky.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 22d

The original wheel would have been supplied by roman autotec (RAT global now) they sometimes have specials on their website of old stock (I bought a blue leather steering wheel for my AU years ago) Worth a look