what's the likely problem?

Psshhhht

• Member For: 7y 6m 11d

Hi All,

After removing my front and rear bars and the tail lights, I reinstalled them in a bit of a rush and found everything except brake lights work. If I turn the lights on, the driver's side parker turns on but not passenger side. I replaced the fuse with a spare one, didn't do anything. tomorrow morning I'm going to buy replacement bulbs, fuses and even relays if I can get them at SCA. I was wondering if I'm likely to be dreaming in hoping that it's just the bulbs somehow both got stuffed, or is it likely to be something else? I have heard about brake switch problems, but it just seems to be weird to me that it would fail all of a sudden. I thought fuse, hence why I changed it to see, but it still seems weird that if it was the fuse that one parker would work but not the rest, surely if it was the fuse, all the tail assembly would fail?

Any other suggestions?

I will see how I go tomorrow, and if no luck book it in with the electrician asap but if it's something minor that I'm not thinking of I'm open to suggestions :)

Cheers,
Jer

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 5d

Did you say once you were near Canberra or did I imagine that? I've got some spare B-series rear lights if you want to try them (or even the globes) to eliminate that.

You can have them if they work, but would seem odd that you cooked both sides at once.

• Member For: 7y 6m 11d
11 hours ago, arronm said:

check the circuits with a multi-meter.

don't have one

After replacing bulbs both parkers are working but still no brake lights, so I'm assuming most likely brake switch. Gonna book it in with auto elec asap and just get it sorted, gonna get them to look at my seat at the same time because since changing to the leathers the airbag light has been stuck on, I've checked the connections several times, and replaced fuse, I'm guessing it's the power box thing under the seat has a bad connection internally.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Why dont you buy a cheap multimeter and sort it yourself. Its a simple circuit.  A multimeter is a must have tool.

$10  https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/best-buy-best-buy-multimeter---digital-12v-automotive/4405.html#q=multimeter&srule=Price+Ascending&segment=1&page=1

8C7BjgK.jpg

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1