Fg Xr6t Clutch Problems

Duane343

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 8y 7m 26d

Just an update guys. I had a mechanic have a look and it is definitely the return spring that needs to be replaced. I called ford and they said they can only sell me the entire pedal assembly for about 550. All I need is that 1 part. I tried a wrecker and he said about 250 and he reckons no one will want to sell just that part only the whole pedal assembly. I will keep looking, but I was hoping someone on here might have an old one that they might be willing to part with for a bit cheaper. 

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Sorry I am late to the show.

Camo, spot on mate. It is the spring that has snapped. Happened to mine.

Not an easy job if you don't have the tools. It is a valve spring that is in my car right now.

However you will need a die grinder to flatten an edge up a bit and grind the internal part of it to allow it to fit in said place.

The alternative is to pay $280 for the pedal set which includes the spring.

Good luck @Duane343

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 5d

Hey Guys, I too have had the Clutch Return Spring snap and cut my right leg. It's a BA2 Turbo with the T56. The Clutch Pedal was always heavy with the Standard Ford Clutch and after the Xtreme HD Clutch was installed it was just as heavy then it just snapped. In the morning the Pedal is slightly depressed and after a few pumps it seems to come back to normal height. Can you let me know what Valve Spring you used as I thought it had a hook end but if it is a flat end even better. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

@clevo400, I haven't been on for a while, so late to the party again.

The FG valve spring was used. I believe that the hook would have been removed or cleaned up with a die grinder. I did not do the work.

Mechanic did it for me.