Fg Xr6t Clutch Problems

Duane343

• Member For: 8y 7m 26d

Hey guys, I've been having a few problems with my clutch. I have a FG xr6t 2011. I was hoping that someone here would be able to help me figure out what the problem is. I'm stuck out in the sticks at the moment, I've hurt my back  real bad and I can't work some money is tight. Basically when I release the clutch pedal it makes a loud click noise. I got down and pressed it in with my hand and I could see where the noise is coming from and it is from around  the spring part that returns the clutch pedal after taking your foot off the pedal. I'm hoping its is an easy fix that I can do myself. Thanks! I have a photo of the part that's making the sound but I am trying to figure out how to insert photo?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

here's the instructions for posting the pictures ->

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/

so your problem is only a "clicking" sound?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

hmm, you might need to lever the spring (or the bit of metal itself) away from that bit of metal that it's pushing on, to prevent it from jumping around, as it should move smoothly

Ah I will give it a try thanks. I dont think its actually the spring itself but rather the part of the assembly. I'm pretty sure it's the little black piece at the back that kind of slides horizontally and "Clack". Its pretty hard to see in there. Thanks again for your help Keith. 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 14d
1 hour ago, Duane343 said:

Yeah actually Keith you can see it move or jump a bit when it makes that noise. Here's the return spring

6ktU4Di.jpg

looks broken. see the plastic at the top side of the spring (black part) could just be angle too though

• Like 1

I can see a crack in that bit of white plastic, That black part is metal. It has a little bolt on the side that can turn and I assume a little rod through the middle of it. I'm going to take it to the mechanics soon but money is tight at the moment and I always like to know what is broken before getting it fixed. Stuck in the sticks as well so I got to go a different guy I've never been to before.