FG XR6T Rear Axle Replacement Options

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 10d

Admin,

Yeah could be.  That's how you ID a crook driver isn't it?  The clutch shudders and the diff whines when they see the crook driver take out his car keys?

The diff whines that I've heard make a constant noise under power.  The noise I'm hearing is sorta like an AC sine wave:  thrum .. thrum .. thrum under power at 110kmh uphill.  

I just bought new rear axles from Repco.  30% off today.  Each shaft cost $240.  They signed me up for a Repco VIP card which gives 10% any other day.  Here's hoping that the Repco axles are as good or better than the OEM parts.

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 10d

Admin,

Yeah fair point.  If the axles aren't the problem then it's preventative maintenance.  I'll keep the originals as spares.   What's the life expectancy for axles?  My FG is coming up to 130k. 

PAH

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 14d
Thanks Puffwagon,

Where's the Driveshaft Shop?  Looks like its in the USA.  Correct?

I just picked up that Repco have a 25% discount on XR6T driveshafts but the sale ends Sunday 10th March 2019.   If anybody has any negative feedback about these shafts please let me know QUICKLY.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/repco/repco-cv-drive-shaft-nsa1038/p/A9496175

PAH
How did you get on with the replacement repco shafts mate?
I had a set of the drive shaft shop 700hp rated shafts fitted last year & cant fault them they hold up to plenty of roll racing style track mornings