Autometer Gauge Install

• Member For: 5y 11m 28d

Hi All,

Just bought a set of gauges of a mate that had them laying around, So I've got a mechanical Boost gauge and a mechanical Oil Pressure gauge all autometer cobalt gauges, And also a Innovate AFR Wide band gauge. Now I'm not to fussed about setting up the Wideband I think that should be pretty straight forward other than where do you guys think the best position to place the sensor would be, I was thinking a few inches down from the turbo just on the dump, But some people say on the cat?

Boost Gauge - I've removed my BOV and plugged it up so im wondering where the best place to get my boost pressure from? Once I blocked it up there was a T piece which I blocked up which was running to the BOV am I okay to assume that t piece I blocked up near the intake manifold is the one I can connect the gauge to?

Oil Pressure Gauge - Where is the best spot to connect up the oil pressure gauge to, I was looking at a t piece in the link below,  now I'm hoping that's all ill need then just put the fittings straight into that, am I correct?

Also I wasn't given any tubing and fittings only the one that's on the back of the gauge that's it for both of them. So will I need two of the fitting kits below, if so I'm hoping they should fit straight into the t piece for the oil pressure sender.

https://www.autobox.com.au/oil-pressure-gauge-t-piece-adapter-ford

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTOMETER-NYLON-TUBING-FITTING-KIT-TO-PRESSURE-GAUGES-TO-200-PSI-12FT-AU3226/172556990866?epid=1282288766&hash=item282d32b992:g:5HAAAOSwybpboRjD&frcectupt=true

Edited by BoostedG6E

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

The innovate website will have all the info you need for that. They'll tell you how it should be set up, so it works as intended. It's before the cat and in the top of the pipe for reasons. 

The hose kit you linked looks like you'll only need one of, cos you've already got the gauge side fittings and it's got 12 feet of pipe plus the fittings for boost and oil.

Confirm what you've already got and what you need and then order away.

I reckon you're on to it anyway mate. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Get a bung welded in just downstream of the stock sensor, for the wideband.

Yep, the bov "source" t-piece is where you should connect the boost gauge source.

Sell/throw-out the manual sourced oil pressure and get an electric oil pressure gauge then either run a t-piece on the turbo oil supply line outlet or a sandwich plate setup.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
2 minutes ago, k31th said:

Sell/throw-out the manual sourced oil pressure and get an electric oil pressure gauge

Heresy. You haven't lived until you've sprayed a litre of oil all through your dash and into your cabin carpet.

Thanks guys appreciate the help, Alright awesome ill take a look on their website.

So I wont need the oil pressure switch adapter ? your saying I can just connect the oil gauge to the turbo line with a t piece? even if I stick with the mechanical gauge ? 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

@k31th You won't have that problem if you hook it up properly. 

Either way is fine imo. Just don't fark up the install lol. 

Edit: op you'll need some kind of t piece either way. 

Edited by Puffwagon
Things

@Puffwagon Alright thanks mate, now is that oil pressure adapter the correct fitting for the block and will the auto meter fittings all fit up to it ? just don't want to get anything wrong I've only got the day to do it all im flat out at work atm. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d
4 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

@k31th You won't have that problem if you hook it up properly. 

No :pooh: Sherlock... I had one, but wouldn't do it a second time...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

You farked it up didn't you xD Haha it's a bit fiddly for sure.

4 minutes ago, BoostedG6E said:

@Puffwagon Alright thanks mate, now is that oil pressure adapter the correct fitting for the block and will the auto meter fittings all fit up to it ? just don't want to get anything wrong I've only got the day to do it all im flat out at work atm. 

I'm sitting on the couch watching tv and checking the forum on my phone while having a glass of wine. My advice tonight is purely general. For specific fittings etc, you'll have to refer to the manufacturer guidelines. It's to much of a pita to sort it out on mobile.