Mild engine BIG intercooler!

nzti325

• Member For: 5y 11m 16d

Ok I've read through the various other posts on the subject of intercooler size and almost all have gone off topic and not answered my question so here it goes.

I got a great deal on a 1000hp plazmaman IC kit. Hot/cold side piping cold air intake the lot.  Couldnt help myself! Going on my 2007 that already has 1000cc injectors, 255lph pump, high flow cat with 10psi boost.  Dynoed at 410hp (yeah I'm old school!) at the wheels.  

So I'm assuming I'll have some lag but hope it's not too bad.  Should I sell it on and get a more reasonably sized kit or slap her on?  Daily driver.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Slap it on and check the tune.

You aren't going to notice any lag cos it'll be less restrictive than the stock setup.

It'll feel better to drive as it'll have cooler air going into the motor nearly all of the time.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 24d

It will be fine, Keith is correct it is best to have your tune suit all your mods, but the reality is it will be fine.\

I have a KPM Intake, Intake Muffler delete, and a Full Nizpro Big Big intercooler kit fitted to my car. My car is still on the factory tune and runs perfectly fine, no noticeable increased lag.

I put the parts on as save up for the ECU and Tune, reality is its been like that for a year and is running fine. However, the only way to take the advantages of intake mods is with a tune.