Ba xr6 turbo pinging issues

ULLCEE

• INFAMOUS
  • Member For: 5y 1m 9d

Hi guys I'm a new be and just purchased a 2003 ba xr6 turbo, it has a pinging issue under boost,I had it scanned and came up with 2 codes being U1900 and P1507,could this be the reason for the pinging?its pretting much stock apart from stage 2 cooler?any help be appreciated thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

sounds like it's either getting overboost or there's a fuel shortage at some point

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

I'd be checking the hose from the turbo compressor to boost solenoid and also the hose from the boost control solenoid to the actuator to rule out the easiest to check overboost scenario and starting from there.

• INFAMOUS
  • Member For: 5y 1m 9d

Thanks guys I've already checked the hoses they are tight,could it be a faulty boost solenoid?I've changed knock sensor doesn't ping as much as it used to,I'm running 98oct and would those 2 codes contribute to making it ping?thanks,plus sorry I've found a vaccume hose that runs off the rear of injector rail/fuel reg it runs towards the ecu but is blocked off with a bolt does anyone kno where it is supposed to connect to?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

if it's blocked off with a bolt it's likely the BOV is blocked, not the one that runs from the fuel regulator.

it could be a faulty solenoid. wouldn't hurt to replace it.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

no worries... of course it's not guaranteed to solve your problem and could be a bunch of things causing it... so yeah, if it doesn't work out, paying a visit to a local tuner of these cars may be worth a go as they're good at solving these sorts of problems :)

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 2m 26d

You have excess carbon build up and its glowing red hot all the time causing the pinging throw some e10 in there and Just give it a Italian tune 😉