The 32-Year-Old Modification Virgin

tvxfgolzzfekf

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

300rwkw will feel fast for you. you will feel the difference from stock. You will enjoy the new found power and after a few months you will be used to it and you will want more.

you may as well sit down with them and say that you don't want to do their stage 3 package as there are some items you don't need.

Tell them what you want and what parts you would like to use and work out a price.

To be honest, if I were to do it all again, Stage 2 intercooler. GTX3582r turbo to aim for ~400kw and above. There are no sleeper exahusts for that much power.

Can't use stock exhaust for that power. Xforce exhausts are loud, ask me how I know.

When going for ~400kw, you need to factor in for valve springs and oil pump gears too.

It all adds up.

At the moment I am on 380rwkw and still enjoying it. only thing doing my head in is exhaust and the touchy clutch.

Power still makes me smile everyday especially with an empty wallet due to new tires.......

• Member For: 5y 1m 10d

Well I'm interstate so any negotiations will be done down the wire, which is pretty informal and might seem rude. Speaking of, what happens to the bits that come off the car to be replaced? That old intercooler has to go somewhere, do they usually just sell it to wreckers or something? Might be a douche and ask to keep some bits is all. I don't know how much lead-time I'll need before making the booking, I'm hoping that a couple months advance will ensure getting a date that works for me (factoring travel and days off).

As for what I want, I could say I just want to go faster, but in terms of what I'd actually need is another thing and over my head (which I already feel I am!). All this talk too of eventually wanting more power is worrying also, since I was hoping that this would be a case of doing things right the first time so I'm not spending more in the future. Again I have to press that I'm not going for big numbers. I don't have any car enthusiast mates to show off to (no offence intended) so it's just for me really.

22 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You rang?

Help! Need more puff! ;)

• Member For: 10y 2m 15d

Yep,I started out the same ....just get a tune and some valve springs. $45,000 plus later and im at 508RWKS and asking Rob (Monsta Torque) if I should toss the Pte6235 and get the 6466. Its addictive, you always want more. 

• Like 2

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

in regards to the parts that come off, well I asked Rob at Monsta torque if I could get my old bits back. I asked him to put them in the boot.

Reason being is that if you want to go back to stock, you can. Then you can sell all your go fast bits.

So @SeduceG6Et67 wants more power after having 508rwkw, which kinda is impressive.

I currently have 379rwkw and it scares the sh*t out of me at times. other times like this morning, it just puts a smile on my face.

If you in melbourne, then maybe you should catch up with some of the forum members there and ask them to take you for a drive.

See what it feels like to be in a car with 300rwkw, then a car with 400rwkw and then maybe a car with 500rwkw.

I know I went for a drive with @lennox  in Chris's(is mumba his forum name?) car during one of the maintenance Day's we had at WA.

Chris's car was insane. an F6 that would just simply fry tires each time he put his foot down. it was insane.

It was scary and fun all at the same time. I don't think I would go down that path, but I am glad I went for a drive with him on that day.

That kinda gave me an idea of what power level I wanted. 

You need to work out what power level you want(set a goal) and then go from there.

Do it once and get it done right. I had to do it twice to get it right. 😞

• Member For: 5y 1m 10d
8 hours ago, masda74 said:

in regards to the parts that come off, well I asked Rob at Monsta torque if I could get my old bits back. I asked him to put them in the boot.

Reason being is that if you want to go back to stock, you can. Then you can sell all your go fast bits.

Sounds like a good plan, plus if there's a crash or something and I can salvage the expensive bits, I can swap them over.

If you in melbourne, then maybe you should catch up with some of the forum members there and ask them to take you for a drive.

See what it feels like to be in a car with 300rwkw, then a car with 400rwkw and then maybe a car with 500rwkw.

I know I went for a drive with @lennox  in Chris's(is mumba his forum name?) car during one of the maintenance Day's we had at WA.

That's a nice offer, and it would be nice (the fastest car I've driven is the folk's F6; never gave it the full beans but just that little extra - comparative - power was noticeable) but I won't be down there until the day things get done so it'll be a little late. Plus I don't want to impose myself on people who hardly know me; it feels like taking a car listed for sale for a drive and flogging it without the intention of buying (but of course it's the owner driving, not me).

You need to work out what power level you want(set a goal) and then go from there.

Do it once and get it done right. I had to do it twice to get it right. 😞

I personally feel that this is a good platform to start with. It has some parts that should hold up if future mods seem necessary, but the intercooler seems to be sticking in my craw after @masda74 mentioned the Stage 2 intercooler. Oddly, Process West lists the stepped Stage 1 and the regular Stage 2 intercooler kits as the same price, so I don't know what's going on there, and what separates the two technically. Maybe swapping the Stage 1 cooler to Stage 2? If it's going to do an even better job and only costs the difference between say, the PCMTEC and the SCT packages, then it might be worth thinking about. Just throwing it out there.

Edited by tvxfgolzzfekf
Forgot something!

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d

Power goal is a good idea, you don’t want to do it twice and if you say want 350wkw then get parts that support 450-500wkw because things can happen/break and it’s better to have wiggle room 

• Like 2

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
14 hours ago, tvxfgolzzfekf said:

That's a nice offer, and it would be nice (the fastest car I've driven is the folk's F6; never gave it the full beans but just that little extra - comparative - power was noticeable) but I won't be down there until the day things get done so it'll be a little late. 

but the inter-cooler seems to be sticking in my craw after @masda74 mentioned the Stage 2 inter-cooler. Oddly, Process West lists the stepped Stage 1 and the regular Stage 2 inter-cooler kits as the same price, so I don't know what's going on there, and what separates the two technically. Maybe swapping the Stage 1 cooler to Stage 2? 

Please don't get me wrong, I did not offer my manual FG for a drive because I am in Western Australia.

I wasn't suggesting that you take the car for a drive, but that the owner would take it for a drive and you would be the passenger, especially for higher powered vehicles.

The difference between stage 1 and Stage 2 inter-coolers. Stage 1 does not require cutting into you bumper bar(that is why it is stepped), Stage 2 DOES require cutting into your bumper bar.

I personally think that Stage 2 allows for higher power figures, should I decide to change from a GTX3576r to a GTX3582r........ :P

Set your goal power figure and go from there. I struggled to work out what my power goal should be until I went for a drive as a passenger in someone else's car.

Good luck and welcome to the modding club.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d
17 minutes ago, masda74 said:

Stage 1 does not require cutting into you bumper bar(that is why it is stepped), Stage 2 DOES require cutting into your bumper bar.

What actually requires cutting is a plastic cross member behind the bumper that is considered structural and can apparently complicate things insurance-wise in the event of a stack.

To what extent I can't remember, someone else may chime in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1