Billet gtx3576 wheel in the baby turbo

finnas

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

It’s a bit like the 84rs I tuned a month back, it can spool so hard so fast it will only shine if everything can take it including the engine. Obviously 84rs flows way more LTRS/HR than a 76 so 24 psi on a 84rs is pushing the engine harder than a 76 on 24 psi but a G2 76 “Could” potentially push Rodney to an unhappy place due to the rapid rate of rise. I personally wouldn’t be advising anyone to crank a G2 76 on “full send” with a stock B series engine, maybe 90% on the initial hit. A FG “probably” could withstand 100% send on the initial hit and live. 

When the GTX series first came out G1 76’s were super popular but what we were seeing was nearly ever vehicle that was set to full send was lunching half shafts like crazy vs the G1 82 vehicles so this was showing how much more it could stress the full driveline ( inc engine ) with that down low punch .... This is the same reason it’s never advised to activate N2O below 4000rpm as it just stresses everything too much !  

Gains under the curve are usually at the cost of hardware longevity :) 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d

I did my nizpro billet input shaft at 409rwkw with the gen 1 gtx3576 on e85 at 21psi with a zf tune so will attest to driveline weaknesses...

I almost wanna sell off my gen 1 supercore for a gen2, especially since I only missed out on gen 2 by maybe 12 months. I think I should wait for gen 3 or g35-900 supercores though

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

clearly your current turbo is fine for what you're doing... if you want more power go a '82 instead of a '76.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m
23 minutes ago, Bulletime said:

I did my nizpro billet input shaft at 409rwkw with the gen 1 gtx3576 on e85 at 21psi with a zf tune so will attest to driveline weaknesses...

Does that mean you snapped it there or you upgraded it there?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 28d
38 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

It’s a bit like the 84rs I tuned a month back, it can spool so hard so fast it will only shine if everything can take it including the engine. Obviously 84rs flows way more LTRS/HR than a 76 so 24 psi on a 84rs is pushing the engine harder than a 76 on 24 psi but a G2 76 “Could” potentially push Rodney to an unhappy place due to the rapid rate of rise. I personally wouldn’t be advising anyone to crank a G2 76 on “full send” with a stock B series engine, maybe 90% on the initial hit. A FG “probably” could withstand 100% send on the initial hit and live. 

When the GTX series first came out G1 76’s were super popular but what we were seeing was nearly ever vehicle that was set to full send was lunching half shafts like crazy vs the G1 82 vehicles so this was showing how much more it could stress the full driveline ( inc engine ) with that down low punch .... This is the same reason it’s never advised to activate N2O below 4000rpm as it just stresses everything too much !  

Gains under the curve are usually at the cost of hardware longevity :) 

This turbo has me salivating 🤤. Good excuse to upgrade the repco driveshafts when they explode

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

@Tom Tucker x2 sets of Repco half shafts were destroyed on a G1 76 back in the day haha that’s what I’m talking about ! 

FYI that vehicle was a FG G6ET with a Trutrack on 20 psi and 400rwkw ZF auto 98 fuel but built tail shaft obviously, Felx plate went too shortly afterward but engine held up. 

Add another 10% for G2 and who knows what damage it could do lol 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d
Does that mean you snapped it there or you upgraded it there?
Sadly it broke on 3rd to 4th shift with slicks on at the circuit. Waste of 2k plus tow plus off the road for a while. Was in there about 18 months. Now I have a 6r80 input shaft and a cf tailshaft
  • Like 1