Billet gtx3576 wheel in the baby turbo

finnas

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Yeh I’ll do a post later but finished up at 385rwkw @ a low 17.5 psi but had to bring it in a fair bit slower than it could do as the stock tail shaft is hanging in there, also had to fade boost away uptop as the fuel system wasn’t happy past 395 rwkw which was easily blowing past ! 

All in all a G2 76 will piss in 450rwkw on E85 @ 22 - 24 psi with supporting hardware on this car.... Just gotta talk the customer into it now haha

• Like 5

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d

Awesome to hear! I thought about the 380 mark on 98. The g35-900 must really be something special again to be even more efficient, saw a sema video and it sounds like theyll keep improving, impressive to see things getting more and more efficient. Seen on some US sites the g35-1050 comes in a supercore so that's promising.

Still the gen 2 gtxs are proving awesome.

• Gold Donating Members

There’s actually a few things on this vehicle that needs improving ( currently has a 3* intake so had to use a 4-3 reducer onto the turbo ) The walbro 255 is about 4 years & 60,000kms old so didn’t have enough headroom up top today but .... but .... with a full 4* intake, Walbro 400 pump I have all the confidence I could of settled on 20 psi and made around 410-420rwkw on 98 without crazy pushing it 

With a tailshaft I could of ramped it in at least 400-500rpm quicker too safely 

And yes I got RPM on the Dyno sheet hahahaha 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Gold Donating Members

Honestly it’s on boost so fast so hard on the street it’s wild !  I’ve explained the Dyno sheet in my thread but I’ll add it here

Pretty much 15 psi by 2700rpm, on 70% command with a 7 psi actuator , crank this to 100% and a 11.8 psi actuator it would punch out 20 psi by 3000rpm easy but boy oh boy it will much up a weak driveline quickly ! 

The tame street log after tuning with my data logger going shows this is no slouch and with the rate of blaze the tyres went into on a short shift 1-2 would of probably spun the 275’s into 4th 🤪

qMUt1sa.jpg

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

did you have any trouble getting it to hold the boost in the top-end like the usual 76's that Garrett put out?

• Gold Donating Members

Short answer is no so far, it could of held 17.5 psi flat until redline but this combo was out of fuel pump so I had to fade it away up top on purpose to make power come over and as it was it kept making power until the end of the run. 

It had no issues holding 16 psi flat until redline with 66% waste gate DC ( in simple terms ) 

A Set up 7 psi actuator like I had will hold 20 psi until 6000rpm I fully believe 

where it tapers after that I’m unsure, a bigger actuator will then counter it but again the airflow characteristics will always end somewhere but where I can’t say yet but my maths on the experience says it could hold 22 psi until redline with a  11.8 and 100% and E85 

All turbo chargers will “sea saw” at some point ;)  

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 2