Billet gtx3576 wheel in the baby turbo

finnas

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 7d

So looking back over the journey it all comes down to goals and expectations. 

Do do you want a car with a 10sec timeslip? Do you just want a car that’s fast up to legal speeds? Etc etc

The baby GTX still going strong. Recently pulled it all down to see how the shaft play is etc. Still none like new.  The car has never been on a dyno.  Results from running it at the motorplex:

on 98 - 11.78 @ 121mph 1.96 60ft

on e85 - 11.86 @ 124mph 2.1 60ft

Biggest issue you’ll have is traction as you can see. As soon as I got the gtx in I bought new rims to fit 275s on the rear. With out them the car was dangerous.  With e85 the car is still dangerous. But it’s all good fun. 

I digress. If you wanna run a 10 get a 3582 gtx. If your car doesn’t do it on 98 it definitely will on e85.  For me, my goal was to have a decent street car, it’s my daily, had it from new.  It does 0-100 in 4.4secs and 100-200 in another 7.4. Trying to max this thing out to run a 10 is gonna end up in 1000s with either busted shafts or in driveline and tyres to get a 1.6 60ft.

For those interested in boost and timing. I was fairly conservative.

98: 16->12psi and 8* -> 11*

e85: 18->15psi and 15*->17*

What I’ve ended up with is a pretty mental daily and pretty much what I wanted out of it. Not gonna lie, a low 11 would have been nice but the traction is there at the motorplex and I ain’t buying ETs to run a time 😂

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Some of us are all thumbs sometimes so don’t hold a typo against him keif ;) 

haha noooooo but I’ve not had a G2 76 wound right up yet either so can’t really comment 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Well you’re probably the only one here who would have some idea, I’ve never used a DD hub so unsure if there’s a way to skew results but we do know Gen1 GTX76’s had done 440’s and 10.8’s @ 132mph (iirc) So Gen2’s should be able to knock on this door 

I believe it’s got 500rwkw in one set up right