Billet gtx3576 wheel in the baby turbo

finnas

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Happy to help out mate ;) 

That powersprint turbo must be a bit unique as Typical GTX spec turbos fit direct into factory rear housings, that said a bigger rear wheel isn’t all bad !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 15d

UPDATE 2: Not good news 😕

The power of the spirit has let me down. 5 weeks running. ~2000kms

No indication of any issues before it died.  Was running perfectly yesterday when I turned it off. Driving to work today, loud whirring noise and no boost.  immediately parked it up pulled off the cold side piping and spun the wheel by hand.  Spins like a really bad bush bearing turbo and clearly not around its axis. Compressor wheel is touching front housing but does not seem to be rubbing the rear as far as I can tell. At the moment seems like a complete and catastrophic bearing failure. Oil feed is fine and coolant fine too. I'll know more when I pull it off this weekend.  Haven't been having much luck lately.

Not gonna let it get me down :) . I've contacted the ebay seller to see what they are going to say. I'll keep everything updated here for anyone considering whether its worth trying an ebay turbo out.  I was hoping for at least a year out of it before having to deal with this.

So yeah, funtimes.

• Sad 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

oh well... cheap ebay turbo's are a risk, that's for sure... glad you're back here telling us about it rather than just re-purchasing the expensive one...

• Gold Donating Members

TBH it was worth the experiment. $700 after selling my broken gt3576.  So if it had held in for any length of time, for the price of a secondhand stock turbo, it was pretty good. Just a pity about the reliability. Might have been a one off fail, but it failed.

And now anyone googling Powerspirit GTX3576r Turbo will have a good rundown of what they are like and what the 'warranty' and service is like from those selling them.

1 hour ago, k31th said:

glad you're back here telling us about it rather than just re-purchasing the expensive one...

Yeah, no skin off my neck.  Massive inconvenience but if it wasnt this it'd be something else.  Still deciding what I'm going to do. Big price difference between anything and a genuine garrett 🤣. Could test out quite a few eBay turbos for you boys. hahaha.

Picture just because :)

car.jpg

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

cheeped out, piss 700 down the drain, new turbo, re tune? fitting and labour. would be cheaper to do it right the first time but poor man pays twice strikes again. 

• Gold Donating Members

I had to check coz you made me think I was wrong. They don't run the V10 anymore.  Not that that was a terrible motor.  I guess emissions forced them to go twin turbo v8.  Not sure if they are garretts though. So might not make the cut?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-audi-rs6-performance-auto-quattro-my18/OAG-AD-17412277/?Cr=0&gts=OAG-AD-17412277&gtsSaleId=OAG-AD-17412277&gtsViewType=TopSpot&rankingType=TopSpot