Billet gtx3576 wheel in the baby turbo

finnas

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d
7 hours ago, finnas said:

@JETURBO, I think your mailbox is full. "cannot receive mail".  Either that or @k31th has blocked you 😄 

No idea what you’re talking about lol

ill inbox you mate 

5ca3c5daf20d4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 10m 6d
On 13/02/2019 at 3:57 PM, finnas said:

Just wondering if anyone knows some good shops in Perth that would be able to balance and port the stock front housing of a gt3576 to fit the gtx3576 wheel. 

Hi all,

What are the pros and cons of fitting a GTX wheel or core to a GT, as opposed to buying a complete GTX3576?

With the GT, once you do the wastegate, actuator, machine the housing and buy the wheel/core etc. you're around $2k, right? Compared to a bit over $3k for the GTX

Are the GTX true bolt, apart from having a larger inlet which requires piping mods, or do they need a different manifold, external gate etc?

Thanks in advance

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 10m 6d

Is that best bang for your buck when a supercore is pushing $2k and you still have to get the wastegate and actuator done?

Would a core (CHRA) or even just a billet wheel be almost as good but cheaper, while still keeping the smaller compressor inlet?

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 16d

So been awhile, but I hate when people don't report back😂

I ended up with the Powerspirit gtx3576.  As with most things it needed a bit of modding to fit it up.  I think this is the case with all gtx's, don't quote me on that. Actuator bracket needed to be re-drilled and to line up properly with wastegate and stock turbine housing needed a tiny bit of 'machining' to not touch the turbine. But all went well and is installed.

No power figures yet however it is amazing.  I'm running 16psi atm. Not really wanting to turn it right up right now while weather isn't great.  The spool on this turbo needs to be heard to be believed haha. Instant boost, no lag whatsoever.  Still fine tuning the wastegate DC and getting the curve right for this turbo.  Upgraded the intercooler to the PW stage2 cooler as well.  So nice not having to battle with ignition retard.

Thanks to everyone that gave advice and JET who came through with the atomic stuff making my life easier.

img_4307.jpg

Edited by finnas
  • Like 2