Billet gtx3576 wheel in the baby turbo

finnas

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 15d

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-SPIRIT-BALL-BEARING-GTX3576R-650HP-TURBOCHARGER-T3-VBAND-UNIVERSAL/362557752378?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

there you go @MattyP :P

One way or another there will be lessons learnt haha.

Pulled off the turbo the other day and looks like I've got coolant in the exhaust and the rear housing of the turbo is green.  I'm thinking this is because my head my have been lifting when it was boost spiking.. (22-23psi on gear changes.) I havent been losing any water since.  However, im going to get headstuds. Which now has sent me down the next stage rabbit hole.

If im doing headstuds... I assume that I have to pull the head off and do the gasket and get the head faced? If im doing that, I may as well do the valve springs and the oil pump gears at the same time?  Are my assumptions correct 😬  And if all that is correct, can I send @JETURBO a shopping list 😄.  Or any good suppliers recommend for atomic/arp stuff for price and service?

This thing is going to be off the road a bit longer than I expected haha.  Always the way. I really should do a build thread.  Its been a bumpy but fun road so far

Edited by finnas

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
9 hours ago, MattyP said:

I’ll message you mate 

sort of regretting the procharge 69mm

Ohh what happened with the 69mm? You were so happy with it? 

8 hours ago, finnas said:

If im doing headstuds... I assume that I have to pull the head off and do the gasket and get the head faced? If im doing that, I may as well do the valve springs and the oil pump gears at the same time?  Are my assumptions correct 😬  And if all that is correct, can I send @JETURBO a shopping list 😄.  Or any good suppliers recommend for atomic/arp stuff for price and service?

Jet will look after you for that stuff and if you can afford it, do as much as you can, there is no point doing things twice if you are already in there for other stuff anyway...

skimp on 1 thing will lead to something else. Do it once, do it right