Billet gtx3576 wheel in the baby turbo

finnas

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 6d

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows some good shops in Perth that would be able to balance and port the stock front housing of a gt3576 to fit the gtx3576 wheel.  Or whether its possible to use a gtx3576 front housing to save having to port the stock one.  I've trying to find info on whether the seal plate of the stock turbo will work with the gtx wheel but struggling to find answers.  Obviously would still need to get balanced.  I can thank @MattyP for putting me on to this path.  Seems like really good bang for buck.

Any pointers are appreciated

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

well, I'm pretty sure you'll have to machine the GT housing to fit a GTX wheel... and it may not even fit. You'll have to ask a turbo place to be sure... don't know of any over your way in WA, but there's a few in Sydney and Melbourne, if you're willing to send your turbo over.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 6d

Ahh, cheers.  I figured that this would be the case.  I'll give them a yell to see if this is worth doing.

So further info on doing this, Keith is right housing needs to be machined. GTX3576 wheel will fit the shaft and the bearing housing relief. Still not too sure if a 3rd party(kinagawa/mamba) frount housing will go on the garrett turbo or whether the GTX3576 one will fit. But from what im seeing it looks likely.

Ideally was hoping to get away with just needing a balancing and just smash a billet wheel and GTX housing on and be done with for 500-600.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 14d

@finnas what you will need is the compressor cover machined to suit the GTX wheel at the bare minimum

However the GTX Anti surge compressor will allow more flow and sound excellent. Although you will also require a new back plate

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

if Finnas wants 500-600 ponies, then he may as well get a GTX3582r. I have the GTX3576r and the beast just makes 508 ponies.

I am in Perth as well btw.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

They aren't a very cheap turbo. I found one on ebay from the good ole US of A, with a internal gate 1.06 turbine housing, and it was still $3000 delivered. 

Screw that. Billet wheel turbo mod ftw. :buttrock: