What other cars have you got hidden away?

ken666

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 27d

Hey guys

We all love our turbo falcon that we spend so much time and money on, but I'm curious how many others came from the more traditional old school V8 powered  falcons/commonwhores of yesteryear?

And how many have still got an old dinosaur in the garage?

What's done to it, is it original, restored or full show quality?

I am currently in the process of buying a house, and have had to consider either downsizing my collection, or limiting my options to houses with at least 4 cars storage space...

Eventually after many sleepless nights my wife made the decision for me! To keep them and most of the spare parts I have collected over the years. (I didn't see that coming)

So, it looks like I might eventually finish restoring my pride and joy that is responsible for giving me the car bug all those years ago when I was 18.

She is an original all matching numbers 1973 XB GT Hardtop, it has been off the road and taking a space in every place I've lived for the past 18 years!

It was completely stripped to bare metal (including the removal of the sills, heater plenum and rear window beaver panel etc) then given a coat of epoxy about 6 years ago

but do a change in circumstances the project was put on hold.

I even considered selling it as is, to gather the funds for a deposit on a house but every time I went to assess and take pics of it to list it for sale.

I found myself dreaming of driving it to club events and showing it off once its rebuilt!

I still don't really understand why I love the old girl so much? They don't corner, stop or ride much better than a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel.

But when you are driving it, the road presence it has can't be described. Even non car people can't help but to appreciate the moment.

Who else has an old clunker that makes them feel that way?

• Like 1

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 2m 26d

To be honest I didn't read it, only the title 

I have a r33 gtr sitting in the shed at work.

It's not really mine but I think its abandoned. So I'm claiming the car of it sits for another year, it's been there 2 years now😂

• Donating Members

So, whats the plans?

Possession is 9 tenths of the law...

do a revs check on the VIN#, lets you know if it's there for a reason!

Ole Godzilla hey!

lots of cheap Hi-Po parts available to make them quick(er!)

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Yeah tldr... 

I just read the title and any interesting words that jump out at me... XB GT was in there that’s all I know. 

Only got bikes hidden away atm... but looking for an XY and a rexxy (j@ lost a bet so I get my Rex). My best friend found an original VL turbo owned by an old man who couldn’t drive anymore. He swapped it for a fully built PC (that’s what he does) and it’s now all running again and literally looks like it just drove out the factory, even smells like I remember. 

Ps. R33 was the only sh*t year 

r32- freeekn awesome 

r33- boring 

r34- assssssome 

Edited by Miss Cornwall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Donating Members

Couldn't tell the difference between any of them!

Just know that I used to get nervous with one next to me at a red light in my supercharged XR8, now I find myself slowing down when approaching traffic lights.... hoping one will just happen to pop up

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Donating Members

Hmmmmm, my daughter is only allowed to get an old VW beetle or 3cyl Dihatsu charade!

She just got her L's, and has no fear...

When in my 530kw blown XR8 or XR6t, she begs me to step it out when over 100km/h.

Reminds me of myself when younger, but I now realise that I was just lucky. Not bullet proof and indestructible.

It's a really stressing time when they start driving, now I understand why my Dad used to wait up for me when I'd go out driving with the boys at night in my 351 XB GT coupe!

No wonder he went bald and grey so quickly