BA XR6 Throttle Issue

Barra1630

• Member For: 5y 1m 17d

G'day guys, I'm new to these Ford Forums, keen to meet a lot of fellow ford members and get to know more people.

I am making this post today in assistance if somebody has experienced the same issue that I am getting now in my BA.

Basically a couple months ago my car started to illuminate the engine light under acceleration. As soon as I took my foot off the accelerator the engine light disappeared. I ended up getting a scan done and got the error code P2140 "Throttle Position Sensor".

Last week I replaced the TPS but the engine light will still come on under acceleration, so I decided to get another scan done. This time the code P2139 "Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1/3 implausible ratio" and code P2140 "Accelerator Pedal Position sensor 2/3 implausible ratio" came up.

Obviously there is a disagreement between two pedal position sensors and they will need replacing, my question is that is this the definite issue? What should I do? Just buy two sensors or replace the whole pedal assembly? Apologies for my lack of mechanical knowledge, I'm 20 years old and only now starting to learn about these cars.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

Cheers.