BF xr6 turbo not making boost

Rive_mk2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Just buy a second hand cat section from the wreckers and get the exhaust place to fit it for you.

Unless you're planning on getting it tuned in the very near future anything else will be a pain in the arse.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 5m 27d

Yeah that's a good idea.. I just live in a small town in south australia. Not much here in ways of tuners or wreckers.. adelaide is 400km away and Melbourne is 500 away lol this is a stupid question but what would the odds be of gutting the cut/straight piping it what would the odds of doing damage be? If I put a highflow cat in with no tune would that be running the gauntlet also?..

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

You can put a high flow cat in without a tune (providing the initial tune is stock) and it'll just overboost and cut out most of the time when you floor it. The stock tune only lets it add another 2psi before it cuts out.

It won't hurt it, it'll just be a pain in the arse. You can drive around the issue by not flooring it, but that's the pita I'm talking about.

I'm sure there are members driving around the country side every now and then that could drop you off or post the part you need. Might be a long shot but you never know.

• Like 1