BigBlock6

My new Territory

Just picked up my 2006 Turbo Territory, bought it from my father in law. Low km 108,000km. So now I am planning a few tweaks, intercooler relocation, and turbo oil supply/drain mods and maybe a 12lb wastegate upgrade. The exhaust mod to open up the unused pipe is done already. But what is everyone doing with the bonnet scoop after putting a front mount cooler?

everybody has just left the scoop in place. no harm in some more cool air hitting the top of the engine if you remove the stock cooler

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

16 minutes ago, BigBlock6 said:

But what is everyone doing with the bonnet scoop after putting a front mount cooler?

Build yourself a custom air intake with a large panel filter. I saw a territory with this done. Or you could just do nothing at all.

Im thinking along the lines of using the K+N filter that's in there already and making a box that flows down to the turbo. the stock size filter is only about 50mm shorter than the top mount intercooler. 

It seems like it would work alright. I'd be a little concerned with the intake pipe heating up over the exhaust manifold but it could be insulated. When the outside air flows in, it cools intake pipes down a hell of a lot, very quickly.