Varied Dyno Results with rim/tyre change

powelmac

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Derp 

opening post kind of is a statement I agree with, nothing new here and yes big numbers can be swayed with tyre changes on chassis dynos 

A competent tuner will know this at the start and auto disregard numbers generated and look at the gains which is all that is required 

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

....yeh and then he probably put dirt in the fuel tank and shat in the coolant just in case he got dissed on the xr6 turbo forum...

There's no pulling the wool over your eyes ay freaky

🙄

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

that's why chassis dynos are crap and no reputable tuners use them anymore. If you tuner has one maybe you should look around...

• Haha 1

• Gold Donating Members

You’re an interesting individual indeed Arron, you were definitely the kid that hated everything other kids had at school until you finally got it, then it was the best 

meanwhile Nizpro still use a chassis dyno along with arguably some of the best tune shops in Australia, there is a time and place for hub dynos and that’s not for ya typical 300kw bangers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

Is that sort of like e85, bit of a gimmick until you finally got the f6 tuned on it and all of a sudden it's the ducks nuts....

Edit

Didn't refresh to see jets post...hit the nail on the head again

Edited by camo86T
  • Haha 1

• Gold Donating Members

The Hub bandwagon is gaining but let’s not forget the Dynapack has had Hub dynos on the market for alot longer than Mainline or DD ..... it’s just the cat fanboys can now justify it because it looks like what they’re used to working with, and don’t get me wrong the key to a good tuner is knowing his tools very well and very few ever embraced the Dynapack set up/layout and fair enough I’m not a big fan of it either ...... But ...... if all the “Pro’s” to a Hub Dyno arguments stand today then they definitely stood years ago when all these “Leading” workshops bought chassis Dynos ..... so were these workshops sub par before and only “Great” now ???? 

Anywayyy from my tuning point of view I always want to tune a vehicle the exact way it’s going to be driven ( yes this does include with wheels on and rolling causing heat/friction losses that a road would provide )lights on, load being applied to rotating ancillaries etc etc as this is how a car will be used and hence how it should be tuned imho ...... 

stop worrying about numbers and worry about the before and after gains ;)  

• Like 1