Unexplained battery drain

sixman

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 8d

Might wire it up so when the key is at the off position that fuse gets no power

Hopefully that should do it.

Don't really want to swap ICC's as the car will likely become a weekender by early next year.

Looking at getting a smaller daily, maybe an M2

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

Not really,

Currently I have a 2014 BMW 328i leased through work (Wife's daily) for tax purposes.

That cost me 64K, ex-demo

The M2's I am looking at are 2017-18 models, they seem to be around the 65K mark

So really nothing changes for me, just means I drive an M2 daily instead of my XR6T which is 12 years old now.

If anything it will be cheaper to run the M2 and it will only consume about half the fuel the taxi does

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

if you think a 65K leased vehicle isn't expensive for a daily, you and I have very different ideas on money haha.

then add maintenance on top of that the fuel, which is where euro vehicles get expensive here in Australia especially.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

I have 2 cards, BP and Caltex, Caltex one was awesome when Caltex sold E-flex but they have stopped selling E-flex.

Now I just pay for the E85 from United when required out of my pocket and submit a claim through an app, they reimburse me in 2 business days.

1 hour ago, k31th said:

if you think a 65K leased vehicle isn't expensive for a daily, you and I have very different ideas on money haha.

then add maintenance on top of that the fuel, which is where euro vehicles get expensive here in Australia especially.

Fuel and maintenance are included as it is a novated lease.

It works for me as I use the maintenance and fuel for both my cars

I lose roughly $250 per week out of my pay (part pre-tax, part post tax), take into account the $120 per week it would cost me to fuel both cars, Rego and insurance for the BMW plus included maintenance and the BMW is costing me $50 per week give or take

So over the 5 year period the BMW is costing me 13K plus a residual of around 14K which works out to around 27K

Don't forget this is just a bonus, I lease a car purely to reduce my taxable income

Edited by rednose

• 3 years later...