Ba II F6 MODS

Fpv497

• Member For: 5y 2m 2d

Hey guys just bought an 05 BA II 6 speed manual with 60,000kms in rapid.very tidy and complete stocko!

I ran it on the dyno for a 232rwkw stock and up boost to 12psi with injectors and plugs n tune. Made 273rwkw.....  how does that rate? I mean im impressed with the results,just wondering peoples outcomes from these mods,also what me next step from here ? (Want 300+rwkw)

Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

273rwkw isn't enough with 12psi... I'd say your exhaust is holding you back. Change the dump and cat out and get it retuned. 

Yer wanted to delete  the centre muffler to free things up a lil..... didnt know if a larger cooler would be necessary.  What system size is good for these mods?? Dont want an overly extreme fast car just reliable and toey haha.... xforce system ok?

31 minutes ago, Ford Freak said:

where did you find this BA with such low kays daym

who tuned it? 

Found it in perth!  Dark horse performance did the work, smaller ford tuner.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yeah, xforce, venom etc... no big deal with whatever you want to go with.

a larger cooler isn't necessary unless you are going to be hammering it maximum revs a few times in a row (drag-racing, circuit racing, hills driving etc).

• Member For: 8y 11m 22d

Phoons do still turn up wif low k's every now and then but there still holding big dollars. Just depends if ya want to pay 25 -30 k for a 2003 -06 FPV.

FPV 497 ya middle muffler isn't as much a restriction point as the ya cat.

Cats gotta go.....

Dump will be fine, do full cat back exhaust and a new fuel pump  (255 walbro intank unit ) and you will make 300+ rwkw's easily.

Maybe a new Garrett wastegate actuator while ya at to keep boost under control when ya turn it up.

Yer cheera guys! Yer cat back sounds like the plan and the actuator.   Yer  if ya get  one in like new condition  wif 60,000kms id pay the 25k. But u can get them even cheaper then 25k I assure u 😉. As for boost im on 12psi atm, I think I have a very conservative tuner, but yes I think ill go cat back / actuator first. I thought a fuel pump prob be good till like 330rwkw maybe?

• Member For: 8y 11m 22d

BA versions definitely sell for a bit less.

BF and BF2's still sell for 25+ with

low k's.

Fuel pump is a cheap do it yourself mod  that's worth doing if ya gonna do the exhaust and actuator because you don't won't it to be thing that your tuna says if you had have done it I could have got another 20 -30 kw'smore out of it.....