Stock Cooler Piping on Basic Tune

Stealth-T

• Member For: 6y 9m 22d
On 26/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, I love kittens said:

So new piping is just a preventative measure really. Some people recomend a new cooler but because you get hit with Ford FG xr6 turbo tax expect to pay through the ass for a intercooler that will fit properly. 

No you don't need to pay through the roof  the top of  range plazman etc you do. Plus you have to move radiator back a bit. Iv just bought the $250 piping and  $250 new aluminum cooler of eBay its twice as tall with same thickness and width so twice the size as stock one. you use the rubbers out of your stock one and it slides up under car without having to jack car up. Fits awsom well designed don't have to move aircon lines etc only thing I had to cut was a fin on the inside of splash tray underneath car It says it is only for fg models but went on fine to my fgx. Well worth the $500 investment for piece of mind

New cooler installed

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

But ........

I've proven a few times now that cooler is very average at actually “intercooling” effectively, it’s actually no better than a factory F6 cooler imho and the $250 ticket price should go towards a good intercooler 

just say and adding facts into things 🔮

• Like 2

• Member For: 6y 9m 22d

Yes very true but power levels area big factor as he says he only put a muffler delete and intake,,stock everything els he is worried about pipe splitting the piping you buy will handle that no problem and the cooler I mentioned if it is as good as a f6 one they have seen 400kw with serporting mods so no problem with his power levels and much better then the plastic one that they have. My self I only won't 350 to 380kw, I might go to a track day one day but not racing it or draging it so as a daily it will do the job just fine, as it would for him to.

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 2m 26d

What jeturbo said, stock intercooler is pretty average. You'll only see a couple degrees cooler on the intake in summer. Winter is a bit better.

After a bit of fast driving the piping on the cold side is as hot as the hot side. Normal driving it's ok....... Ish.

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

You really have to run ya tuned car with a stock cooler in hot weather or multiple full boost runs to experience heat soak.

Then ya say to yourself "sh¡t that feels like it's down on power " at that point ya decide to pony up for a decent cooler, what ya buy after that is a question that has been answered and argued over and over on here.

So it's upto the owner to make the decision, whether it be right or wrong.

And if ya saving for a house good luck with that as well in this day age.

Especially depending on which state ya live in...

Hehe...

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d
Yeah, the piping kit alone should end up doing me just fine. Running the stock intercooler means when I get heatsoaked badly I know to ease up and not do (more) silly things which get piggy attention...

[mention=83058]Box stock T.[/mention]
CBR, so it isn't the cheapest. But better than inner city sydney 
I did the Intune Motorsport piping kit on my FG to reduce the risk of the plastic ones splitting. Is a decent kit. I'm in Canberra too if you ever want to look at it.

Pretty easy install - main trick is getting the order and orientation of the pipes worked out. Wouldn't kill them to number them!