How much time left in engine (average)

jas98

• Member For: 11y 9m 1d

Now...I know this could be anytime but on average how long does a ba xr6t engine last?

Mines a 2004 that now has 330 000 on clock. Prety much only this mechanically and driveline specific that's still stock is the actual engine

There have been a few things changed on engine such as:

Coils

Vct sensors

Timming chain and guides

All gaskets besides head and sump

Vatious sensors

But was wondering on stock boost levels how many ks people got from them

It still has plenty of go and does not make noise...it did have a lifter tap at startup but has since gone after engine flush and slightly thicker oil.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

They last as long as you regularly service them and maintain the parts that wear out. The block and rotating assembly can last a huge amount of time.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 22d

Thinking any barra motor will have issues with sensors, coils, leaks, electrical riff raff, etc etc.

If the question is more around turbo specific engines, I'd say the turbo itself, maybe rings (blow by) and conn rod bearings.   How long though? well, I've seen 600K taxi's that kick on ok.   That said, they get plenty of love.   A poorly maintained barra? Not sure.    All this said, I've seen 250k on an NA block, STOCK FILTER & oil.  Still ran fine.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

speaking of Taxi's. One of the WA members that no longer is on her, Phillmeup had 3 taxi's. they were constantly on the road. only time they stopped was to go in for a service.

They got serviced every 10,000km religiously.

Apparently he had one of the taxi's clock up 1.5 million km. I heard of another taxi doing 3.2million km.

They are a work horse and need to be looked after. I know that they are not the turbo's but still.

I was actually going to mention that.   When I met him he was getting rid of a motor that had spat a set of bearings at 450k.   Being the inquisitive guy he is he pulled it down and I think posted a comment on it somewhere.   But yes, fastidiously kept everything looking good.  Phil was the boss

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 26d

@PhilMeUp

okay the forum won't let me type anything after tagging him even when I try edit....I might send phil a txt and ask how his F6 is going (not sure if he still had the two F6 utes?)

Edited by skidxr6t

2, Was talking about buying a 3rd when I met him I think.  Or had on sold one.

2 hours ago, OZYWALKER said:

What happened to phil?
Had a decent go that bloke.

I know he was on the cusp with Uber and dealing with industry regulation change which was causing him some frustration.  To his credit he did everything by the book legally & mechanically.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

I believe that the ute has been registered as he got his engineering certificate.

He stopped frequenting the antilag and ford forums as he got slaughtered for having a go at the bloke that crashed into his taxi.

He was under a lot of stress at the time due to finances and the industry regulation changes.

He said he won't be coming back after all the sh*t he got for that incident. I see why a lot of people gave him sh*t and he shouldn't have done it, but the whole incident put him more into debt. I believe he is still with swan taxi's though.

• Like 1