Water leak behind seats.

csd773

• Member For: 5y 4m 25d

Smelly damp smell in car after heavy rain or washing with gerni. Carpet behind drivers seat and on cab floor near rear wall storage area damp. Pulled the rear wall carpet out and found water runs down the rear wall and under felt damp on floor behind drivers seat. Would it be coming in from leaking rear window seal or the air pressure vents under window. 

I sat inside while someone hosed the back of the cab. Below the rear window there are 4 long rectangle slots for air to escape out through the black pressure vents. No water in there but along the seam under those slots water leaked and ran down the back wall. I'm thinking it might be rusted on the outside along the metal ledge below the two air vents that goes from side to side with a rubber sleeve over it. Will pull the tub liner out later this week to inspect closer. I have recently fitted a flush soft toneau cover that has metal strips riveted through the tub liner into the metal tub to secure it, I'll have to drill them out to remove the liner. Oh dear not looking forward to that. 

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

if its a BA maybe BF too she will be rusted

edit oops was thinking sedan. not sure on utes where they rust but doesnt surprise me.

Edited by Ford Freak

Found 3 points along the seam on rear cab below air vents where the seam bead had lifted and rust has formed. Cut out and treated with rust inhibitor and slapped some seam sealer on. Wasn't a pretty job but it's hidden with the plastic sleeve that goes over the seam. Tested with hose and no leaks!!! Hopefully it stays that way as I don't want to have to go through all that pulling out of the interior and rear tray liner. Too old for this stuff. I just want to drive. 🚗💨👍😎🍻