BF XR6 Turbo Walbro 460 Intank install

• Member For: 5y 10m 10d

Hey All,

Ive been meaning to do this job for a while but was delayed by tuner so now the time is near I want to be sure I have all I need. So I Plan to install a intank walbro 460 pump into the stock cradle, all I currently have is the new pump and pump tea bag filter and wires that came with it. Has anyone done this job and know what else I require for it to work apart from running new wiring and Relay. As in do I need any hoses or anything and does it fit into stock cradle easily? Also Can I fit pump and still drive it before it gets new regulator and injectors installed while I am waiting for tuner and will it run as usual? Thanks in advance

• Member For: 8y 5m 21d

There's more to it than just fitting the pump.

You'll need a new regulator as the stock one may not be able to hold back the pressure. Return line needs to be modified in tank, you'll need to modify the cradle as well and a new pressure line in the tank.

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 5m 21d

If you don't modify it correctly the pump could drain the pot too fast and you'll lean out.

And don't go drilling random holes through the side of the cradle, it'll lose its ability to keep fuel near the pump.

• Member For: 5y 10m 10d

I’m capable of doing the job it’s just that I haven’t done it before so just asking if anyone knows what specific parts I will need. I already have another regulator and also larger injectors 

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

You'll also need e85 rated submersible hose in the cradle if you plan on getting it tuned on that now or in the future, stock ones will get chewed.

Sizewise the pump is the same or near enough.

Can't offer any help on exact mods to the cradle as I got the tuner to do that, not something you want to mess with for the pittance you'd pay extra.

If you're on good terms with your tuner ask him to show you exactly where to drill and how big etc.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

It won't fit cos the 460 has a thicc ass compared to the 255 pumps etc that are straight. You'll need to hacksaw or dremel the pump support a bit so the pump can clear the bottom of the pot when you put the insert back in. That'll be a bit of trial and error and perhaps some measuring on your part. You wanna drill out the return holes where you can and make sure the black return piece is reinstalled under the pot.

There is obviously more to fitting a pump, but that is the specific stuff that I encountered when fitting mine.

Also you can fit the regulator yourself before tuning. Just make sure you set it to 4 bar. Communicate that to your tuner if you do it, so they can double check it's where it should be.

Quite a while ago I talked about some things I did to mine, so the search bar, if it works, will yield results. There was also plenty of talk between members, somewhat recently, about what hose to use. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Yerp, or just buy that ^

It doesn't really matter if you've already bought a pump cos you can always sell it, if wasting money is an issue.