What power levels are your stock zf handling?

Ex chaser

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
3 minutes ago, arronm said:

Stock clutch about 380rwkw. But $1000 sees over 550rwkw. What does $1000 buy you on a ZF..

About 2/3rds of fark all unless you did it yourself and knew what you were doing. 

The manual might be the cheaper one to upgrade, but it won't be if your car isn't a manual to start with.

In the spirit of this thread, which is talking about a "stock zf", stock for stock the zf is better.

I can see your viewpoint but this aint the "which is cheaper to upgrade, auto or manual?" thread.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

my zf is still internally stock, I had 450kw ++ ish odd for a few years, 4-5 odd drag meets. its still going strong today. 

but input shaft snapped the day after I put the bigger turbo on in a side street cruising home. car had only seen one drag meet at this time, many years ago. 

car makes 300kw now zf is keeping up. 

I drive like miss daisy now. 

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 11y 2m 23d

sorry to dig up old thread, but thought better than starting a new one about the same thing... 🤷‍♂️

running BF II XR6t, the turbo is starting to make some bearing noises, so it's almost time to replace... currently making about 365rwkws, but thinking when I replace turbo might go a retune with E85 in hopes to reach 430+...

car's done about 115,000kms all up, but the ZF was serviced with new genuine oil (and coolant lines) about 5,000kms ago... which fixed the flaring issue I wax experiencing in 3rd+ after power was bumped up from 270 to 365rwkws.. since the service though she's been good...

OR, do I wait, save some more money and go to an FG model instead - I'm told there's quite a big difference between BF & FG, particularly with the computer and tuning possibilities; engine fart, protecting gearbox better, etc.. 

thoughts? 😃