What power levels are your stock zf handling?

Ex chaser

• Member For: 6y 9m 22d

O sh*t I'm sorry Arron then my blood is boiling and I'm all worked up I thought u were talking to me sorry mate looks like I made myself out to the toss pot then:happyfriends:

Haha cheers Keith and cheers for the info with the upgrades I have and stock turbo should be fine but will be saving for a gearbox and turbo upgrade this year. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I’ve ran 560+ rwkw through a bone stock ZF with one of my transmission cooler kits and my custom ZF tune for over 12 months

in this time it competed in a PowerPlay event and went to the drags twice and then he drove it like this nearly all the time in between 

Was so pissed before I ended up fitting the intercooler to calm down will put bumper back on tomorrow and I'll put a pic up of it done. to dark to take one now.

Jeturbo they are impressive numbers over 1000nm on a stock box with your kit and tune that is genuinely mind blowing.:nyyaah:

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Driven with some sympathy the ZF can last with huge power 

Driven like a spanker I could obliterate one with stock power levels no worries 

The key is anytime you want to “Get up it” select the gear first DONT let the kick down select it !! That’s when input shafts snap ;) 

• Like 1

New cooler installed

Went on with no dramas you have to cut some of the plastic off the black bit that is attached to bumper but all good 

Jeturbo 

Ya that is true as it is my daily reliability is a must I might just max out the stock turbo run it till I get a new one then tune it to the same or just a little more. I am trying to keep it reasonably fuel efficient ATM I'm getting 9.2 on the average I use half a tank a week (always fill right up then down to half ) on 98 pump.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
15 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Driven with some sympathy the ZF can last with huge power 

Driven like a spanker I could obliterate one with stock power levels no worries 

The key is anytime you want to “Get up it” select the gear first DONT let the kick down select it !! That’s when input shafts snap ;) 

Or just drive a manual and abuse the f_ck out of it. Why have power and drive like a pussy...