Ex chaser

What power levels are your stock zf handling?

Just wondering what sort of power levels your stock zf gearbox's are handling reliably. Iv just done a pipe upgrade battery relocated 4inc intake I was going to wait but I bought a new intercooler witch I'll do tomorrow. Iv also got some 1000lb injectors valve springs oil pump gears  will be getting bigger fuel pump get a gear box service engine service then a tune keeping stock turbo will max it out then bring it back just a tad just wondering what thezf can handle when I do upgrade turbo.

ZF starts to hate life around the 450rwkw mark, but can last reasonably if you take it reasonably easy on it at higher load demands (3rd to 4th WOT etc).

Is that rear wheel.

Don't bother answering arronm.I found the answer. Your the guy that told me to nick off and use google.

2 is an issue if we are talking your IQ

On this forum we dont talk about horsepower only Kilowatts and its always at the rear wheels.

Nick off and google....

Never told anyone on here to nick off and use google unless your one of those no nothing trolls on the imgur app I down loaded yesterday commenting on the pics I put up. one bloke even thought it was an ecotec mustang. My 7 year old son gets trolled and bullied at school I have 0 respect like your IQ u (dipsh*t) for trolls so if I told u to nick off u probly deserved it

arronm is replying to the post directly above him, so he wasn't actually talking to you, but good rant anyway :spoton:

1 hour ago, arronm said:

On this forum we dont talk about horsepower only Kilowatts and its always at the rear wheels.

Nick off and google....

I did google it was just wondering what ppl were ctully getting out of them and before u go an back some toss pot on the internet might won't to as wot actually has happened rather then make yourself out to be anouth f#wit on the internet.

O sh*t I'm sorry Arron then my blood is boiling and I'm all worked up I thought u were talking to me sorry mate looks like I made myself out to the toss pot then:happyfriends:

Haha cheers Keith and cheers for the info with the upgrades I have and stock turbo should be fine but will be saving for a gearbox and turbo upgrade this year. :thumbsup:

I’ve ran 560+ rwkw through a bone stock ZF with one of my transmission cooler kits and my custom ZF tune for over 12 months

in this time it competed in a PowerPlay event and went to the drags twice and then he drove it like this nearly all the time in between 

Was so pissed before I ended up fitting the intercooler to calm down will put bumper back on tomorrow and I'll put a pic up of it done. to dark to take one now.

Jeturbo they are impressive numbers over 1000nm on a stock box with your kit and tune that is genuinely mind blowing.:nyyaah:

Driven with some sympathy the ZF can last with huge power 

Driven like a spanker I could obliterate one with stock power levels no worries 

The key is anytime you want to “Get up it” select the gear first DONT let the kick down select it !! That’s when input shafts snap ;) 

New cooler installed

Went on with no dramas you have to cut some of the plastic off the black bit that is attached to bumper but all good 

Jeturbo 

Ya that is true as it is my daily reliability is a must I might just max out the stock turbo run it till I get a new one then tune it to the same or just a little more. I am trying to keep it reasonably fuel efficient ATM I'm getting 9.2 on the average I use half a tank a week (always fill right up then down to half ) on 98 pump.

15 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Driven with some sympathy the ZF can last with huge power 

Driven like a spanker I could obliterate one with stock power levels no worries 

The key is anytime you want to “Get up it” select the gear first DONT let the kick down select it !! That’s when input shafts snap ;) 

Or just drive a manual and abuse the f_ck out of it. Why have power and drive like a pussy...

3 minutes ago, arronm said:

Stock clutch about 380rwkw. But $1000 sees over 550rwkw. What does $1000 buy you on a ZF..

About 2/3rds of fark all unless you did it yourself and knew what you were doing. 

The manual might be the cheaper one to upgrade, but it won't be if your car isn't a manual to start with.

In the spirit of this thread, which is talking about a "stock zf", stock for stock the zf is better.

I can see your viewpoint but this aint the "which is cheaper to upgrade, auto or manual?" thread.