Ba xr6 nonturbo throttle problems

Whitixr6

• Member For: 5y 2m 10d

Hey guys so I have ba xr6 nonturbo. Its throwing codes for throttle actuator,Tps and pedal sensor. Drives fine at speed but idles high with a miss and when I put in reverse or drive, idle drops real low and lumpy and nearly dies. I have cleaned throttle body and replaced TPS as garage and ford told me that's most common part to go but problem still there, anyone else had anything similar? Guess my next step is to change actuator and pedal sensor. Is there any way I can check actuator and pedal sensor/sensors. Is there any other cause that could be throwing throttle codes? Local garage cant help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 1m 17d

Hey mate, have you had a scan done to your car?

I have a similar issue with my BA, under acceleration the engine light comes on and the light goes away once I'm off the gas.

I replaced the TPS and it still continued, got a scan done and it comes up with P2139 "Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1/3 implausible ratio" and P2140 "Accelerator Pedal Position sensor 2/3 implausible ratio". So it turns out I have to get my pedal position sensors replaced, bit of an arse of a job but what can you do.

Long story short, I suggest you get a scan done wherever you can. I know that SCA offer a full scan report plus clear memory for $28 if you can't find someone that can scan your car. It's definitely worth a try, the answer may be sitting right in there for you.

• 3 years later...