Ba,Bf front wheel bearing spec

Violence_muse

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

well, you're right, camo, that everything is an approximation in the world of measuring, but it's a pretty frickin' accurate approximation :pandalol:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Not trying to be a smart arse - first time for everything - but the verniers held at that angle won't give you an "accurate" dimension...I believe @NA_TURBO was giving an indication on bearing ID and focused more on readability that actual dimension 

Actual bearing ID is 37mm, not 36.4-ish as shown in the pic ie. 11ty billion miles out in this particular bearing application 

Anyone else but you I would've let it go, but I know you're all about being correct...... :P 

Edited by camo86T
specifics
  • Haha 1

• Member For: 5y 2m 17d

Im trying to fix my ford territory ford says $150 for the hub assembly but only get it in 6 weeks ,other places say $300 the hub 

I thought I could machine the existing hub and fit a bearing in but I cant take the one off my car without destroying the bearing so I needed dimensions to buy a bearing then dissemble mine machine the hub and fit a bearing 

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Ummm maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate....

Ideally thread would've been called 'Territory front wheel bearing' or similar and first post something like;

hi guys

Im trying to fix my ford territory ford says $150 for the hub assembly but only get it in 6 weeks ,other places say $300 the hub 

I thought I could machine the existing hub and fit a bearing in but I cant take the one off my car without destroying the bearing so I needed dimensions to buy a bearing then dissemble mine machine the hub and fit a bearing 

Any ideas?

Then replies could've been along the lines of:

Hey

Just google Territory front wheel bearing and buy the whole assembly elsewhere, easy to find.... eg.

https://www.alliedbearings.com.au/front-wheel-bearing-hub-kit-for-ford-territory-awd

Says it's in stock

And that's how you forum... can only offer advice based on facts submitted.

You're welcome

• Like 5
  • Haha 1