Adrian G

SaaS boost guage...quick wiring question.

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered in someway but I have searched everywhere.. Ive been reading a few people have wired up there boost guage to the cig lighter on FG xr6turbo with no issues. I've purchased a SaaS boost gauge from Autobarn which has 3 wires.

White=12v dash lighting

Black =negative/ground

Orange= connect to battery.

This is what's on the instructions of the guage.

The cig lighter has 2 wires..

Black =negative

Blue= power 

My question is where is everyone connecting the third (orange) wire. Are they running it to the battery seperate?

I have spoken to SaaS and they said the orange must run to a  constant power source or direct to battery. The cig lighter isn't the best spot to connect it too. 

How has everyone else do it..

Thanks 

Edited by Adrian G

so it has a memory function? e.g. it needs constant power to save something?

if so, then you can run a wire to the aux/tel plugs underneath the dash to get constant power. (it's a 2x4-pin plugs and easy enough with a multi-meter to find the constant source.)

Yes exactly right. The function is to save whatever colour you have chosen.

I can try that, otherwise worse case I guess I'll have to extend the orange wire and run it straight to the battery

the way I described has all you need for a full head-unit's power (ground, constant power, switched power, plus one extra), so it'll definitely work for a gauge :)

it's 2 plugs, with 4 pins in each white loom-plug. it's easy enough to just crimp on a connector and plug it straight into the port available. No need to splice any other wires at all.

15 minutes ago, k31th said:

you can run a wire to the aux/tel plugs

I did this to power my wideband but it didn't like it and blew a fuse. Are the fuses in the usual spots or are they somewhere funky?

usual spot just below the steering wheel. might need to make it a couple more amps if you're running anything intense. I've run a head-unit off the aux one plenty of times and never blown a fuse. :idunno: