Is this a standard cat, FG xr6 turbo

ilk

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

kinda does, the stock ones were massive units and were very close to the front.

whereas after market ones are a little further back. 

I thought there was a heat shield around the dump area or did you take it off for the photo?

ps welcome

that name didnt last long ahahg

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 2m 25d

Yeah didn't think my name would last long? I had cats on me, all I could think of...

took the heat shields off to check the manifold bolts and check the actuator.got it for cheap so The car is slowly being pulled apart for maintenance

ilBWObl.jpg

WNHczmK.jpg

EzJUKty.jpg
I gave it a wipe to clean it and some more pics. I thought it might be aftermarket because it's a different color to the rest of the system

Edited by I love kittens
Added stuff

Did you mean heat shield around the dump pipe? there was only a heat shield over the turbo manifold.

Don't worry, I already punched myself in the face. I just realised it's a aftermarket cat. Has a big venom plate on it. Oh well, good surprise I suppose ?. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yeah, he meant the heat shield that usually is over both the dump pipe and the catalytic convertor... it's definitely not stock being that circular and probably massive by the look of it 5".

Good that you found the venom plate. Anyway, it's only a good thing if the car has also been tuned to suit the extra exhaust flow. Since you have a FG, you can make high 200's at the rear wheels with just injectors, cat, fuel pump and tune. :spoton: :icon_ford:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, k31th said:

yeah, he meant the heat shield that usually is over both the dump pipe and the catalytic convertor... it's definitely not stock being that circular and probably massive by the look of it 5".

Good that you found the venom plate. Anyway, it's only a good thing if the car has also been tuned to suit the extra exhaust flow. Since you have a FG, you can make high 200's at the rear wheels with just injectors, cat, fuel pump and tune. :spoton: :icon_ford:

Yeah that's the plan, I need to find somewhere on the gold coast to take it to see what's going in with it. See what's going on.

I put in a boost gauge and oil temp gauge and it hits11-12 psi. I'm guessing it's been tuned

Just had a quick look, seems HI torque performance is closest to me. Anyone have any experience with them recently? I see stuff from a few years ago but that doesn't mean anything. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yeah, HTP good. Get them to let you know what's in it. It's defintely tuned if it's making smooth power to 12ish PSI.

Yeah its nice and smooth. Curious what it makes though. If its tuned could there be a hand controller hiding somewhere? Are the sct x4 hand controllers always attached or is it a plug in, use, and remove type of system. If that makes sense.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

x4 hand controllers are plug in types - you use and remove them and then use them again later, if necessary. Yes, there could be one somewhere, or the tune is just on the PCM itself.