I love kittens

Is this a standard cat, FG xr6 turbo

kinda does, the stock ones were massive units and were very close to the front.

whereas after market ones are a little further back. 

I thought there was a heat shield around the dump area or did you take it off for the photo?

ps welcome

that name didnt last long ahahg

Yeah didn't think my name would last long? I had cats on me, all I could think of...

took the heat shields off to check the manifold bolts and check the actuator.got it for cheap so The car is slowly being pulled apart for maintenance

ilBWObl.jpg

WNHczmK.jpg

EzJUKty.jpg
I gave it a wipe to clean it and some more pics. I thought it might be aftermarket because it's a different color to the rest of the system

Edited by I love kittens
Added stuff

Did you mean heat shield around the dump pipe? there was only a heat shield over the turbo manifold.

Don't worry, I already punched myself in the face. I just realised it's a aftermarket cat. Has a big venom plate on it. Oh well, good surprise I suppose ?. 

yeah, he meant the heat shield that usually is over both the dump pipe and the catalytic convertor... it's definitely not stock being that circular and probably massive by the look of it 5".

Good that you found the venom plate. Anyway, it's only a good thing if the car has also been tuned to suit the extra exhaust flow. Since you have a FG, you can make high 200's at the rear wheels with just injectors, cat, fuel pump and tune. :spoton: :icon_ford:

2 minutes ago, k31th said:

yeah, he meant the heat shield that usually is over both the dump pipe and the catalytic convertor... it's definitely not stock being that circular and probably massive by the look of it 5".

Good that you found the venom plate. Anyway, it's only a good thing if the car has also been tuned to suit the extra exhaust flow. Since you have a FG, you can make high 200's at the rear wheels with just injectors, cat, fuel pump and tune. :spoton: :icon_ford:

Yeah that's the plan, I need to find somewhere on the gold coast to take it to see what's going in with it. See what's going on.

I put in a boost gauge and oil temp gauge and it hits11-12 psi. I'm guessing it's been tuned

Just had a quick look, seems HI torque performance is closest to me. Anyone have any experience with them recently? I see stuff from a few years ago but that doesn't mean anything. 

yeah, HTP good. Get them to let you know what's in it. It's defintely tuned if it's making smooth power to 12ish PSI.

Yeah its nice and smooth. Curious what it makes though. If its tuned could there be a hand controller hiding somewhere? Are the sct x4 hand controllers always attached or is it a plug in, use, and remove type of system. If that makes sense.

x4 hand controllers are plug in types - you use and remove them and then use them again later, if necessary. Yes, there could be one somewhere, or the tune is just on the PCM itself.

So does that mean I need a new hand controller for future tunes if I can't find it? I'm guessing the controllers only work for one car.

Edited by I love kittens

I bought the car 4 months ago, really had no intentions of modifying it. I don't have the guys contact number anymore unfortunately. I just saw it for sale and bought it on the day cause it was $6k cheaper than the rest and drove really well.

*sigh*... then you should select a new tuner and go to them to check on it... the $6k cheaper thing usually is a dead giveaway that it's too good to be true... but you may have got lucky :idunno:

Is there a service logbook in the car, or an oil change sticker on the window?

Either may say the name of the place that serviced the car - good chance it's the shop that did the mods, or could have a number of the person who owned the car.

Here you go

Hopefully you can tell if their standard or not. Far as I know there are no other mods

20190103_132850.jpg

r3ArpsC.jpg

TDJxuMU.jpg

2 hours ago, k31th said:

$6k cheaper thing usually is a dead giveaway that it's too good to be true... but you may have got lucky :idunno:

I just got it cheap because he didn't care about money and wanted a hatchback for the city. It was for sale for a day when I saw it and bought it then and there.

2 minutes ago, I love kittens said:

Hopefully you can tell if their standard or not.

I can't, but there are people here who should be able to ;) 

Yeah I tried looking myself, but most aftermarket ones are black as well. Really don't want to pull one out. I haven't got enough scotch to work on any cars today :mosking:

Looks like the battery and airbox have been switched over?

Intake on the right side?

Pic of intake?

If so then the car's definitely had at least some tweaking.

Intake I made myself, it's only a 3 inch elbow with a 30 degree pipe and a filter. Two reasons were noise and easier to work on car later, the battery relocation kit I put in myself. All I'm doing right now is cleaning everything that can be cleaned and changed a pcv valve ran the lines different so it looks neater, boost solenoid and all the vacuum lines. And while everything is off I ordered new intercooler piping.

Edited by I love kittens

You might have one of these in the car

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/7015-SCT-X4-Handheld-Tuner-Vehicle-Programmer.html

Sometimes they leave them in the center console, if a sedan, otherwise the glove compartment if a ute.

I would say the car is tuned at least cause he has the venom cat in there.

Maybe call a few tuners and give them your rego number. They could check their records and see if it has been tuned there or not.

They could also give you some history on the car too. Just a thought.

I don't remember the old Victorian plates on it, qld plates now. Plus I asked the previous owner. He said no tune from him. I don't drive it hard anyway until I'm finished with going over the whole car myself. 

I suspect that there is a tune in the car cause you have the venom cat in it.

it is best to get a tuner to have a look at it though. Good luck with it all.