Anyone had a late model BMW and rate it ?

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

you want ugly? drove one of these around california last year. great car to tour in, but yuck.

a90fb2e4b4b5ee9f5b4990bd4c47669d.jpg

giphy.gif

Edited by Panda Eyes
  • Haha 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

Here are my opinions. 

We have an BMW X5 and I like its looks and the interior is very comfortable though its not my daily.  Not as big inside as the Volvo XC90 we used to have.  But smooth as to drive.  I think its very true what they say about the X5 - feels like driving a sedan even though its a large wagon (just washed it this evening and takes me twice as long to wash as the F6 - but you know what they say about happy Wife :roflmbo: ).  Yeah its the misses car.  But farrrk me the servicing costs :omg:   However, no mechanical or electrical issues so far.

I drove a Merc C250 rental in the UK 2 years ago and have come to the conclusion I dislike them to the point I'd never buy one or even rent one.  My sis has a Merc C class and yeah it looks large on the outside but feels a bit to snug for me on the inside.  But what I really don't like are their brakes.

Long time ago - used to have a Audi A4.  Really liked the look of it and had no mechanical or electrical issues with it. But once again as it got older the running costs (servicing, insurance and so on) just didn't make financial sense to me relative to the cost of the car.  It was also a bit small and I needed something larger back then.

:beerchug: 

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Interesting @EvilDaifu

The service stuff isn’t as bad now because they give u the option to include it as an upfront cost of $1800 (sometimes it’s included on run out sales) and it covers all your servicing costs other than major consumables like break pads for I think 5 years. 

Considering the third service is normally $1100 it’s a good value thing to do straight up. 

Really interesting about the merc opinions but after our experience I can definitely see and agree with your points. 

I personally love love my prado and preciously couldn’t understand why soccer mums loved the euro busses when they can’t even bush bash, but I get it now as the luxury is lovely. 

Inactual fact if I hadn’t have gotten the prado I was looking at an xc90 new as I love the look of them so much!!!! But we decided to go the 4wd route for the towing etc and resale as I can only get half of what j@ gets back on tax for my car. 

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

azza ive never been one to shop for this range of cars. I do read a bit on them etc that's about it.

if I was buying, bmw M5, audi rs3/rs4, as for merc no idea there range confuses me. anything with an amg badge :idunno: