Fgx front bumper removal

Ex chaser

• Member For: 6y 9m 23d

Hi guys was wondering if taking the front bumper off the fgx is the same as the fg I was trying to avoid it but iv got all new intercooler piping battery relocate kit and 4in intake  but the intake won't fit under the stock pipe so I tryed just replacing the two intercooler pipes in engine bay but the turbo side one won't fit on stock pipe so have to do all pipes. Was trying to wait till I got new intercooler to put all pipes on but after Christmas might be a while and I'm won't to do it while I'm on holz. So if any one has done the fg and fgx front bumpers remove  plz let me no. Cheers guys

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yeah, all "falcon" bumper removals are basically the same (within reason). a few scrivets near the tyre on each side, some affixation of stuff from below which is the time consuming bit and some fasteners at the top-middle underneath/next-to the bonnet latch.

So just got it off basically the same plus two 10mm bolts on a bracket holding front bumper to side guards and on either side its got wot looks like wire doesn't look like its for the sensors but might be for crash alert system thru sync ( were it calls emergency service if you have being in a crash) and off it came. Cheers for the help guys 

OK just finished all the work few little bugs to sort out but got thru it all right 

1st removing the bumper was straight forward 

2nd removing old pipe work was easy enough didn't have to take front lights out witch was great

3rd putting new pipe in I bought a in tune pipe kit it was a very tight fit to the point were getting the front bumper back on was nearly a no go back on was very  tense self moment.

4th putting the 4in intake on, again super tight fit bought a antz intake and battery relocation kit 

5th battery relocate was buy far the easiest part to put on 

6th test drive, after driving round the block hearing the induction noise and turbo flutter was well worth the day and a half install.

took my time did it wright no short cuts.

I would highly recommend ppl doing it they are great mods you can do if you have a mechanical mind very rewarding when done 

THE SOUND is 100% louder I have a auto it is crazy loud I was very shocked to hear the difference big smile on the face still wearing it an hour later. If you have an fgx and have any questions about doing wot iv done just ask and I'll be happy to help as much as I can 

If some one can tell me how to post some pics so I can get some up that would be great I don't have Facebook or other social media .

• Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

ahh yes, it's always good to get that extra induction noise haha make sure you go and get it tuned, now, to make the most of those mods!

pics instructions here  -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 27d
1 hour ago, Ex chaser said:

THE SOUND is 100% louder I have a auto it is crazy loud I was very shocked to hear the difference big smile on the face still wearing it an hour later.

It is an addiction I have learnt to live with :drinks: