Will I Need More Fuel?

danger

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

They do fit in the standard cradle/module but there is modification required to make it all work correctly 

if I were you let your tuner/workshop do this all for you ;) 

you could supply the pump and reg to save a few bucks but honestly just let them supply and fit everything 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 7d

When I had the pte6466 I made 450rwkw on pump98 with id1000s and a single walbro 460.

But that was with a ported stock turbo exhaust housing. What 0.82 housing are you going to use?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Single 460 will go 650rwkw on 98.. Will go 500 - 550rwkw on E85. 

Edited by arronm

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 7d

From memory around 20 psi.

Sorry, the turbois I had wad the 6235 which was designed to fit the stock exhaust housing.

Be interesting to see how you go with the bigger turbo, should get mad spool with the 0.82 housing

• Gold Donating Members
14 hours ago, eff xr6t said:

Good luck seeing anywhere near 500rwkw with a single 460. Might be able to keep the lambda while on the dyno tuning but guaranteed to not have adequate fuel for a proper run.

Agree, I see Genuine walbro 460’s ( remember there’s a few versions of this pump plus a mountain of fakes ) desinged to be intank mounted in a standard swirl pot with correct modifications will only see around 440rwkw on the Dyno @ target 0.8 lambda and sub 20psi boost in a FG platform 

On the track I would take 50rwkw straight off the top for safety and a B series probably 80rwkw 

The new 525 pump already is seeing limitations of 470-480rwkw which is still amazing for a pump that can fit in a standard swirl pot ! 

Remember on paper limitations are vastly different to real world numbers just like Howlden and Fraud’s rated KW numbers ;) 

• Member For: 10y 5m 28d

If you look at the flow of a walbro pump vs pressure you soon see why they aren’t great. They will probably be capable of making 500rwkw on a turbo LS platform because you can use 43psi base and will only need 10-12psi to see 500rwkw but on a falcon that runs 58psi base and 20psi of boost to see those power numbers the flow drops dramatically at these pressures.

I had twin 300 Delphi’s that are a gear pump so much more stable at higher pressure and even though I was only seeing 70psi of fuel pressure at full boost there was not enough fuel to be safe at 480rwkw while racing. On the street and powercruise it was plenty. I now run a 2000hp Magnafuel single gear pump because I know they are one of the only pumps that will flow the numbers when it’s needed.

To add aswell when looking at pump flow allways use 12v flow numbers because while the car is not under huge load yeh sure it might be seeing 14v but headlights on and a few accessories will easily pull the voltage down and this is where the issues come from. IMO this is where most of the exadurated pump power figures are calculated from and is why on the dyno they usually seem fine but take the car for a real drive and all changes as thermos and lights get switched on.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

Agree with all of the above...... look at my YouTube videos of most of my runs and you’ll see things like Headlights on and things you cannot see I’m also doing ;) 

throw everything including the kitchen sink at a situation to see where things struggle and then work backwards to a safe point !

#Skinningcatzfordayz

#kingkillerbigwheelercatpeeler

• Like 1