Will I Need More Fuel?

danger

• Member For: 10y 8m 17d

Hi Everyone, I'm about to transplant a built motor into my bf xr6T. My question is about fuel supply. I currently have a Pro Flow 340lph intank pump and I'll be re-using my 1000cc IDs. I'll be using 98 petrol. I am currently running at 320rwkw at 15 psi on my skinny rodded 05 bf engine. I have purchased a pte6466 turbo with .82 rear housing for my new engine which has forged internals. So does anyone have a rough idea on the power it may make before maxxing out fuel setup? Oh yeah its also a manual!! Cheers guys.

• Member For: 10y 8m 17d

Thanks k31th, Yeah I'm hoping for at least 420ish or more. If I was to go E85 in the future Would I make more on E85 with this setup or would I need to go bigger? I understand E85 needs a bigger system but would it make more power with the same setup I have at the moment? Cheers....

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

E85 will probably max out your injectors at around the 420 or so, I'd guess.

It would make more power "under the curve", e.g. it'll feel faster, but it'd be around the same maximum power, only a little more, I'd guess, based on the 1000cc injectors.

• Member For: 12y 1m 19d

I'm about to have the same problem...

I've got an ok amount of pump (twin 300's in the KPM in-tank setup) but only have the ID1000's.

I'm about to pull the trigger on some ID1700x's but would be keen to know what the max is people have seen on the 1000's on E85?

They'll support sh*tloads on 98, like 600+ if you'd ever take a Barra there ( I certainly wouldn't on that fuel!)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Iam at 480 and may see 500 but have run out of pump. If around  500 on E85   1000 will be ok. 

Big price increase to 1300 1700

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Pcmtec and haltech can trim individual injectors. If you can bench test injectors you can possibly save money for the e85 life.

#2200rawbosch

#660bucks

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

At ~500rwkw my raw 2200 are within 5% and I haven't put any fuel trims on any cylinders yet all my plugs pull the same, burn patterns in every cylinder are all the same and pretty sure I can say from the way my car gets thrashed that the small difference isnt enough to cause any issues.. I mean my poor 23yr old cast pistons put up with it and at $450 for a set of 6 and over 2 years of use on e85 they still flowed the same on my test bench last month. I use injector dynamics data and my fuel model testing works perfectly on all fuels. I also use a motor worth $50 so if/when it lets go its not much of a concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1