Boosted Build Thread

kiwiskidkid

• Member For: 8y 8m

Hi,

Thread to track my G6E Turbo build - not sure if im going for a stealth F6E replica or radical F6 yet.... either way will be money I will not get back but will sink for the love of the icon I grew up with. I have owned and modified many Falcons in my time, this is the last and Im sure will be the best.

To date:

- Very straight 1 owner 80,000km example - mint interior also.

- Factory 19's balance up Ok but have life experience showing.

- Found and installed a reasonable price Turbo side intake kit.

- Brought back to NZ and installed a Plazmamn 700hp intercooler and full piping kit including-  throttle body pipe.

- Dropped some big NZ coin to get DBA discs + Brembo pads front and rear, and did braided lines in front at the same time.

- Next I did an XR8 bonnet

- Just finished Kings SL and SSL springs and Bilstein Shocks all round.

- New nolathan rear bump stops.

All work was done by me so far, professional wheel alignment due this weekend.

Aftermarket FPV kit just arrived from AU - Front and rear bars plus side skirts. Not really sure this is a good idea yet but have an outcome in mind and need these to deliver so away we go.

Pic so far:

Edited by kiwiskidkid
  • Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Looks good mate.

Just remember to have a look at your privacy settings on imgur, so you don't accidentally make public a bunch of pics that you don't intend to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 8y 8m

I managed to get to the drag strip yesterday and take her for pre-engine upgrades and tune baseline times. It was a hot day by NZ standards and she ran a 13.2 on every one of the 6 runs, so very consistent bit never quite breaking out of the 108pmh speed. My 60's were not great sitting in the 2.2s and while happy with the time for a basically stock beast I cannot help wonder if the turbo side intake and bigger cooler may have been holding the factory tune back?

My plan is to get over to AU in the next month or two, or find a friend heading over sooner, and collect the new turbo, injectors, pump and tuner from @JETURBO who has pulled together a shopping list for me and hooking me up with a deal.

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

good work on being a bracket car, I guess :spoton: but yeah, the factory tune won't do much with those mods without an associated tune, so it makes sense that you ran similar times each time.

• Member For: 12y 1m 27d
On 06/01/2019 at 6:24 AM, kiwiskidkid said:

I managed to get to the drag strip yesterday and take her for pre-engine upgrades and tune baseline times. It was a hot day by NZ standards and she ran a 13.2 on every one of the 6 runs, so very consistent bit never quite breaking out of the 108pmh speed. My 60's were not great sitting in the 2.2s and while happy with the time for a basically stock beast I cannot help wonder if the turbo side intake and bigger cooler may have been holding the factory tune back?

My plan is to get over to AU in the next month or two, or find a friend heading over sooner, and collect the new turbo, injectors, pump and tuner from @JETURBO who has pulled together a shopping list for me and hooking me up with a deal.

108mph is about right for a standard G6ET. It's the 60' keeping you away from a 12. 

• 1 year later...