Weird fuel issue

adams355

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

A BF with the ZF and 2.72 gears with a gate snapped shut will only see 16psi on 98 as quick as 2900rpm with typical mods so this result from @adams355 is alright in my books 

Yeh it’ll pick up a few 100 rpm with a big Dump but air speed is effected and it’s not always necessary as it does have a negative effect to daily driving transient spool rates 

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Yea thanks jet, that was always the plan I didn't want it to feel 'modified' in regards to exhaust etc. I'm big on throttle response for my driving style, just feels nicer to drive especially a daily. Ford were pretty close just needed some more power lol. It turns the tyres no probs.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Ay as long as you're happy it doesn't matter right?!

Big dump, small out has always been a winner for all na cars aka off boost turbo cars.

Really you want to talk 20 years of V8 NA exhaust set ups. 

By the way how much timing is in the territory off boost...

You said you were happy with it... Yea

Edited by adams355

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I don't understand the question. 

Edit: if it was a question cos I didn't see a question mark? 

Double edit: and happy with what? 

Edited by Puffwagon
Ya what?

Mate you haven't stopped at me since I put up my dyno sheet. This is the PM you sent me. I've tried to be polite. Make of it what you will.

Hey man I checked a bunch of old logs with the stock setup and I thought you might like to have something to compare it to.

I also checked the logs with a gtx wheel in a 0.7 housing with the stock crossover in and out, and then the gen2 logs with full exhaust etc. All 3 turbos had a 12 psi actuator, with the bigger turbos having a ported wg too.

Now obviously we can't make a direct comparison as there are plenty of factors affecting spool but it's interesting to see the differences.

At 30c intake temps, my completely stock intake and exhaust system made 16psi at just over 2600rpm in 4th gear. With the larger compressor housing and wheel, but everything stock still, it made 16psi at just under 3100rpm.

I didn't go through all the logs as it already took farken ages but my gen2 gtx35r with stacks of supporting mods big exhaust etc made 16psi at 3150rpm but didn't go nuts until about 3500 or so. The one I checked had 50c intake temps.

The main thing is that you're happy with your car, so don't think I'm tryna bring you down or anything. Like I said mate, summer and boost don't go well together!

Anyhow mate there's a bit of info for ya.

Seriously mate you don't understand the correlation between timing and boost

Well I guess that's all from me, thanks for the info folks. Cya

Edited by adams355

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Well the dyno sheet isn't great and yeah I worked out that you had pm'd Aaron about it based off his reply.

Well fark me for trying to help you ay. 

While you're busy pming carnts behind their back why don't you tell Aaron and also Arronm that you pm'd me about them too trying to stir sh*t.

Anyway good luck with the search bar bud cos I've got no time for you now.