adams355

Weird fuel issue

07 BF can't get anymore fuel into it over 4000 rpm. Tried 4 different fuel pumps. Has 1000cc injectors. Checked voltage, fuel lines, reg, electrical etc. Just leans out 4000 rpm plus. What to check next?

That's either your fuel filter being blocked or the fuel feed line split from the fuel pump in the tank.

It could be other things but those are the things to check first.

Thanks puff. Changed the filter. Has new lines in the module. Its making plenty of power up to that point. Start throwing the other things that it could be. Might save me some cash that I dont have lol

I assume that you have used a wideband to see what the afr's actually are.

Get a fuel pressure gauge onto it. Once you've confirmed whether it is losing pressure or not, you can decide where to look.

What lines are you using in the tank? Did you clamp them? Puff and I found out the hard way what happens when you have a slit hose in the tank.

I had a fuel pressure gauge and when driving he watched the fuel pressure and wideband and noticed we were loosing pressure at about the same rpm.

Similar to this63f3502e7f7059647a61dcf1d0d164f4.jpg

Yep similar to that but they are clamped. However, its the first thing I will be checking. They were looked at but will double check. Thanks.

Lots of pumps walbro, aem, dw (255-340). Anyone want to buy a pump... Have checked reg. Looking at sensors next.

Edited by adams355

ahh, nope. surely a spare parts guy can easily find it in their system, though? or buy aftermarket gates submersible fuel hose and replace it.

Yea ford dont make them anymore. Its the outlet fitting from the module to fuel line. The part numbers are BA9E964A and BA9E965A. $55 from the wreckers. Send and return. Found mine would kink easily hope its the issue, it was leaning out quicker with the 340 pumps as well. Sort of makes sense. 

Edited by adams355

oh, haha... you mean the one from the actual "L-piece" (plastic bit) that comes out of the screwed down module into the hardline that runs underneath the car? my bad, if so.

Strange for that actual bit of hose to kink. :idunno:, but good that you found the parts to replace it

Yea that's what I thought when I was checking with a light touch it would kink in and out. Fingers crossed. Dont know what else it could be. Much smarter people than me are stumped as well.

Yep that was the issue. Had a tune today 337rwkw@16 @5000rpm. Just cat, injectors, fuel pump and old school nizpro tube and fin. Needs valve springs for more but that will keep me happy for awhile. Tuned on pcmtec so will go flex fuel at some time. Over 200 thousand on the motor and auto but still in good nick.

Edited by adams355

Yea I put it up soon. It was just chucked together by me so the tuner did a great job to work with what he had. Has turbosmart actuator as well 10psi spring.

Edited by adams355

Ok how does this look.

Race works 1000cc injectors

Old nizpro tube & fin with pipes

Turbosmart actuator 10psi spring

255 fuel pump

Outlaw cat convertor

IMG_20190117_093940_zps1gb6wfe3.jpg

Very hot yesterday, needs valve springs, tuned on pcmtec, valve springs and fuel pump for flex at the end of the year. Still a bit more in it on 98. Was done on a budget budget. Tuner had to work with what he had. Sorry sideways pic. 337rwkw@16 @5000

Edited by adams355

What other exhaust and intake mods do you have?

It looks like there is something stopping it from waking up a bit earlier but it could just be in the tune.

340 is still a good number to be driving around on and when you get the valve springs done it'll go heaps harder.

Summer and boost do not go well together.