Breeze fg xr6t ute

Alby97

• Member For: 5y 10m 27d

Alrighty so, Got the ute back a little over a week ago now. We decided to put a run in tune on it and drive it around for a week or so to see if any little issues develop regarding the manual swap as its a pretty big process. I have done over 1200km in it over the last week and love it. I dropped it back off to the shop to get some adjustments in the Clutch and to get the braided wastegate line and screamer adjusted. Its now booked in for the middle of next month to get its dyno tune. I will likely just park her up in the shed and use my daily for the next month. 

I have to say I am more than impressed with how the manual drives and feels compared to the auto. I haven't opened it up for obvious reasons (I don't want a visit from Rodney) and I won't until its tuned properly. 

Here are a few photos of the rig, the pic with the ladder racks was just before all the mods began 

pkUShnq.jpg

VV0OKDR.jpg

02wUVey.jpg

Here are a few of the goodies that went into the uterus 

6Qu4KGG.jpg

YsBKxgk.jpg

tATy1qW.jpg

Few things I have noticed as well,

Screamer is stupid loud, I totally get why they call it a screamer now 

tr6060 roll over noise is trash 

the 4" xforce is not overly loud or dronney for daily use 

more to come 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

So haven't updated in a bit. First time I went to get it tuned was having some mad issues getting the SCT to pick up the ecu, had to get ford to flash it so that it would register the vehicle info. Got that sorted eventually and went back to the dyno. I was only able to bet a base line tune due to some overboosting issues from the xrturbo developments gate as well as some fuel pressure issues. I've got a 4500rpm limiter on it at the moment to help control it.

If you have seen the xrturbodevelopments kit the gate comes off at a 90 degree angle and really doesn't flow well.

I was hitting 24psi at a little over 4500rpm then it was creeping to 26 pound on 98oct. Scary sh#t for a stock bottom end if you ask me. Plus there was a lack in fuel pressure under boost. Definitly not ideal conditions. I have to sort out if the pump is faulty and or look at putting another pierberg on the surge. As for the external gate I'm going to get another made up in the next few months which is in more of a tear drop fashion so that I can get some boost control back. Other than that its running great, but only running around that 300kw mark as we speak. 

17 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Do a comp test and make sure you haven't broken a ring land or 3.

Yea did a comp test as a pre dyno inspection

1-204, 2-198, 3-202, 4-200, 5-202, 6-203psi

17 hours ago, JETURBO said:

26 psi on 98 ..... 😯

Who is tuning this or should I say trying to sort it out ?

Clint at profile in Brisbane is tuning it. He said there is practically no boost control with this gate setup and said it spiked to 26psi and he was off it straight away

Managed to pick up another stock exhaust housing to get modified so ill look at doing that soon 

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Clint is very good but be stuffed if I kept my foot into it to see where it would end up past 22psi on 98 as it’s pretty clear pressure control isn’t there when it’s ramping harder than commanded 

hopefully its not damaged after that 🤨

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I had the Ute running pretty well for the last few months, hadn't had a chance to do the re tune due to my current workload. Anyway long story short the turbo in line oil filter was got clogged with something and starved the turbo of oil. So bye bye to the old 3582r. Just one of those sh*t happens things as well as an old filter. Won't be doing that again. 

The sensible thing to do would be to do a simple upgrade and get a gen 2 gtx3582r. But hey you only live once and I decided to do a high mount because why not. Yes I know you don't need one for these power levels, but they do look the tits hanging off the side of a barra 

The new setup will include a Vband 6boost manifold, Gtx3584rs Vband in and out with a 1.01 rear housing (Smaller because the car is manual and I hate lag), 60mm Gen v Turbosmart gate and that second peirberg pump I was talking about. Going to get a dump fabbed up so that I can plump the gate back into the dump or twist it, Cap the gate inlet to the dump and run it to atmosphere. Other than that I just have to sort out a new oil and water feed lines. 

Just a question regarding the oil and water drains. What size do people recommend to run? -10 lines or what? That's really the only thing I am Unsure of as the stock ones won't work. 

Should be a nice setup when its all tuned. Looking to do that new PCMtec software to be able to select tunes with the cruise control buttons.  

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

On that frame turbocharger the feed line can be a std size earls line and drain of a -10 is around minimum size you will want

this is what I supply when doing high mounts for customers

9yx1kMunzmGCp7d.jpg