Breeze fg xr6t ute

Alby97

• Member For: 5y 10m 27d

Hey all, 

So the search for more power began when I blew 3-4 in the old zf. The original plan was to manual swap it with a big clutch for something a little different to a built zf or gide. After unknowingly buyig an N/A tr6060 we found that it didnt fit. The search for a turbo box now meant that the car would potentially be sitting in the shop for 2 weeks. So hey why not get the car semi built while I find another trans. My original plan was to throw these parts on in the new year anyway but hey I'm not complaining that its sooner. So basically here is a list of the new parts that are currently being put on the car. Keeping in mind that the ute made just over 300kw previously. 

Full 4" xforce Exhaust and 4" dump

4" intake and battery relo 

PW stage 3 intercooler kit 

PW surge tank (Old style) with 044 pump 

To my knowledge a walbro 460 intank (Already Installed) 

All Manual Bits including a big DCS twinplate clutch 

Garrett GTX3582r Gen 1 with a turbosmart 45mm external gate kit 

Crow Valve springs/w retainers 

ARP Head studs 

Atomic Oil pump gears & billet backing plate with ported housing 

Atomic Heavy duty timing chain kit. 

Along with other small bits and pieces

Atomic Race Balancer 

The Ute already has 1000cc injectors so I wont be upgrading them yet. 

No Built rear end but plans to do this in the future 

What power does everything think it will make with these mods? It will be going up on the dyno at Forced Performance early next week. 

Any comments and recommendations welcome

Cheers 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Upgrade the surge pump, run it on e85 and you should be able to get it to a bit over 500rwkw.

I'm thinking about Cris's ute when I'm estimating the power. He made 505rwkw at 24 psi or something like that.

What power gains would I get from going E85? I was panning to do that early next year, so upgrading the internal pump because I have no clue what it is, surge pump and changing out the fuel rail and getting a reg for it

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

That question is a bit too broad considering that you will be swapping a lot of parts over too.

The main thing in that list that is going to affect power is the turbo. You'll go from being able to make a bit over 300 to a bit over 400 on 98 octane.

Have a look through the 400 club to see what people are doing.

• 5 weeks later...

So I have had a couple of issues over the Christmas break with postage but we are all up and running again. 

I have decided that I midas well get it tuned for e85. So I went out and bought a Walbro 460 intank pump and a pierberg pump for the surge as well as a new fpr. 

Looking at getting it tuned by profile autosports in brisbane next tuesday Tuesday so I will be posting up numbers then. 

Hoping for 420kw on 98 as a daily tune. Anything above 460kw on e85 and I will be stoked. Maybe even crack that magic 500 on a stock bottom end? We will see