Alby97

From experience what power am I looking at? FG Xr6t

Hey all, 

So the search for more power began when I blew 3-4 in the old zf. The original plan was to manual swap it with a big clutch for something a little different to a built zf or gide. After unknowingly buyig an N/A tr6060 we found that it didnt fit. The search for a turbo box now meant that the car would potentially be sitting in the shop for 2 weeks. So hey why not get the car semi built while I find another trans. My original plan was to throw these parts on in the new year anyway but hey I'm not complaining that its sooner. So basically here is a list of the new parts that are currently being put on the car. Keeping in mind that the ute made just over 300kw previously. 

Full 4" xforce Exhaust and 4" dump

4" intake and battery relo 

PW stage 3 intercooler kit 

PW surge tank (Old style) with 044 pump 

To my knowledge a walbro 460 intank (Already Installed) 

All Manual Bits including a big DCS twinplate clutch 

Garrett GTX3582r Gen 1 with a turbosmart 45mm external gate kit 

Crow Valve springs/w retainers 

ARP Head studs 

Atomic Oil pump gears & billet backing plate with ported housing 

Atomic Heavy duty timing chain kit. 

Along with other small bits and pieces

Atomic Race Balancer 

The Ute already has 1000cc injectors so I wont be upgrading them yet. 

No Built rear end but plans to do this in the future 

What power does everything think it will make with these mods? It will be going up on the dyno at Forced Performance early next week. 

Any comments and recommendations welcome

Cheers 

Upgrade the surge pump, run it on e85 and you should be able to get it to a bit over 500rwkw.

I'm thinking about Cris's ute when I'm estimating the power. He made 505rwkw at 24 psi or something like that.

What power gains would I get from going E85? I was panning to do that early next year, so upgrading the internal pump because I have no clue what it is, surge pump and changing out the fuel rail and getting a reg for it

That question is a bit too broad considering that you will be swapping a lot of parts over too.

The main thing in that list that is going to affect power is the turbo. You'll go from being able to make a bit over 300 to a bit over 400 on 98 octane.

Have a look through the 400 club to see what people are doing.

So I have had a couple of issues over the Christmas break with postage but we are all up and running again. 

I have decided that I midas well get it tuned for e85. So I went out and bought a Walbro 460 intank pump and a pierberg pump for the surge as well as a new fpr. 

Looking at getting it tuned by profile autosports in brisbane next tuesday Tuesday so I will be posting up numbers then. 

Hoping for 420kw on 98 as a daily tune. Anything above 460kw on e85 and I will be stoked. Maybe even crack that magic 500 on a stock bottom end? We will see 

Hopefully I might see that magic number, I have my doubts with reaching it as I will probably run out of fuel system first. We shall see how it goes

8 hours ago, adams355 said:

Why did you change tuner

Profile is a 10min drive from where I live and Forced is a good 2 hrs away. There both great tuners, just logistically makes sense for me to go to Profile.

Clinton Hocking @ Profile Autosports is an amazing tuner and if he’s closer than Jamie at Forced Performance who is also tip top I would keep to a closer easier to access workshop because time is also money ;) 

Yea that is too right. I got the work done by Garry at true-Torque Auto in Caloundra and he has been fantastic.

Couple of reasons for going with Garry over some of the other big shops

1 - He is a small 1 man band and is very meticulous with his work - the cars that he has pumped out prove the quality of his workmanship

2 - Price was a factor, You pay a big price for speedy service, I don't mind it taking a bit longer if it doesn't break the bank

3 - There was over a month's wait to even get the car booked in to alot of the big shops around me, and with the zf dieing it was a fairly urgent thing, I gave Garry a call and the car was up there just a few days later.

Cannot Fault his workmanship and overall he is a great bloke, always friendly and willing to help out his customers. Would definitely use him again 

Once its all finished ill hopefully upload a few photos and even a video or two 

On 10/01/2019 at 10:18 AM, JETURBO said:

Clinton Hocking @ Profile Autosports is an amazing tuner and if he’s closer than Jamie at Forced Performance who is also tip top I would keep to a closer easier to access workshop because time is also money ;) 

this

Jamie also will use pcmtec though if you want. No SCT saves a bit plus flex etc. I will always go to Jamie. But the only other I would consider is Clinton at profile. Don't go to anyone else besides them in brisbane I had a terrible experience with another but got my money back.

Edited by adams355

Hey Everyone, so I tried to post this a little while ago but for some reason it went and put itself in another sub-board (mod edit: PM'd to explain). Anyways (This list of mods is is up to date)

using single pierberg 360 pump with the surge in OP

I had no clue what intank pump was in it (wouldn't be stock with making 300kw) but I decided to just get a new Walbro 460 for insurance 

New FPR 

ARP 2000 Head studs

What power does everything think it will make with these mods? It will be going for a tune within the next week

E85 as well as 98