Rab

All States Tassie Tour 2019 - 7th March to 12th March

Topic will be automatically locked at 02:00 PM

On 06/02/2019 at 4:08 PM, Rab said:

Ok guys - rooms are running out in Strahan really quick.

I've had to change the direction of the trip - we'll now be going anti clockwise

Thurs 7- boat

Fri 8- Strahan

Sat 9- Strahan

Sun 10- Triabunna

Mon 11- Triabunna

Tue 12- boat

I've booked myself in here for the Friday and Sat nights. (probably the better nights to be in Strahan anyway).

https://www.wotif.com/West-Coast-Tasmania-Hotels-Strahan-Village.h922100.Hotel-Information?chkin=8%2F3%2F2019&chkout=10%2F3%2F2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=1993c7d8-5900-4864-bc24-96016f011711HWRQ1549429386481&cancellable=false&regionId=3265&vip=false&c=07d16388-7a46-45f0-8126-c1b5e263e542&&exp_dp=268&exp_ts=1549429385591&exp_curr=AUD&swpToggleOn=false&exp_pg=HSR

Anyone who's on the fence about coming - better make a decision quickly

@MBAF

@demon1300

@Psshhhht

Cheers Rab, I was pretty sure I already said I won't be able to make it, but yeah I'll just have to wait until a Vic cruise is on. Sounds like the Tassie one will be a good one for those who can make it though

fair enough. I'd love to go but no money and up for clutch, tires, power steering line, and I'm pretty sure my rego and/or insurance in due pretty soon too, so not looking forward to these bills haha

2 hours ago, YLD127 said:

Did you have to make a reservation? 

I think there's a bar area - shouldn't need a reservation but will call closer to the date to make sure.

On 16/02/2019 at 6:45 PM, YLD127 said:

I'm pretty sure we are departing at 1930hrs so we should aim for around 1600hrs.

you must be military with gobledegook time speak like that

On 16/02/2019 at 6:30 PM, MBAF said:

whats accommodation like around there?

just up the road is Melbourne's  red light district

the sky's the limit :yes:

so I've stuffed up and left the booking of the boat too late and there appears to be no room for cars on the Thursday night (only)...

sIfq1dr.png

Should I pay the extra and leave on Wednesday night and stay an extra night in Devonport? or leave 9am Friday and miss out on the first day of stuff (you guys can do Strahan touristy stuff on Day 1?)

bugger... https://tickets.racv.com.au/en-AU/shows/gordon river cruises/events says that the Gordon River cruise thingo leaves at 8:30am... no way you guys could do that specific cruise on the first day as you'll be getting off the boat at around 7am at the earliest...

oh well, will be limited if I leave on the Friday day-sail... going to call them in the morning and ask if I can be put on some sort of list to go based on a cancellation for the Thursday night. Don't really want to do the Wednesday night sail... we'll see how it goes. Going to be spending bulk dollars haha might just fly up to the gold coast and enjoy a week up there instead, if things go spectacularly bad...

basically :) could be worse. Have done the cruise twice and GF's health isn't really conducive to this sort of thing at the moment, anyway, so it might end up making my decision for me. Sucks, though, as it's an epic cruise.

Pffft Keith - small problems. 24 hours before the Snowys cruise you didn't even have a car and you sorted that one out.

BTW would have loved to come on this one with you guys but that weekend is the little guy's birthday and a regular camping trip at the coast with a few other families.